• Implementation of the Group’s corrosion inspection and control policy and risk-based inspection methods (RBI/IMS) to manage integrity and optimize inspection frequency and maintenance costs and plantavailability.
• Coordinate with the maintenance department to improve maintenance programs and improve plant integrity and performance.
• Develop and implement inspection plans. Identify non-conformities, anomalies, and risk factors for people, the environment, property and installations.
• Monitor and supervise the execution of inspection plans and activities. Liaise closely with operations and maintenance departments to coordinate key shutdown activities.
• Write risk or anomaly control and diagnostic reports and forward them to operations and HSE departments.
• Ensure systematic and consistent implementation of inspection methods and procedures and make improvements.
• Ensure the systematic updating of SAP/IMS systems.
• Prepare the operating budget for the inspection service. Monitor and reconcile operating expenses with the planned budget for inspections and correct any discrepancies to ensure effective cost control.
• Identify and recommend requirements for the work of inspection subcontractors. Prepare work specifications/scope of work and evaluate bids. Monitor the performance of subcontractors and the quality of services to ensure compliance with their contractual obligations.
• Provide technical advice on engineering and plant modification projects, repair techniques, material selection, welding procedures, inspection and testing requirements, and make recommendations based on field observation and inspection results.
• Prepare and supervise the ESP (pressure equipment)requalification process and load testing of lifting devices.
• Perform fitness for service assessment on process equipment and piping systems
• Advise operators, maintainers and support service personnel (civil work, processes, purchasing, etc.) on the regulations applicable to ESP and on the technical choices linked to their design and repair;
• Participate in and carry out audits (inspection servicestaff, interface service, inspection service providers).
• Ensure compliance with all company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Master in materials science, chemistry or similar.
• Certification in Inspection Standards.
• Knowledge of the operation of machines and installations.
• Mechanical technical drawing skills.
• In-depth knowledge of heavy industry (Refining, petrochemicals, chemistry, metallurgy, etc.) and production equipment, including pressure vessels and piping.
• Knowledge of risk analysis methodology (FMEA / HAZOP)
• Perfect knowledge of directives (DT84, DESP, etc.), construction standards and codes (CODRES, CODETI, CODAP) and international (API, ASME, etc.)
• Minimum IT skills (advanced Excel, CMMS and database)
• Able to read plans, diagrams and technical instructions, write intervention documents and formal letters to the regulator.
• 5 years minimum as an inspection leader in the petrochemical, chemical or refining sectors or at least 15 years of experience as senior inspector.
• French: Fluent
• English: Medium
• Arabic is highly considered
• Strong adaptability and great mobility.
• Good communication and negotiating skills, ability to work in multicultural teams.
• Experience in joint ventures is considered.
To apply for this job please visit altea-energy.com.