Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Cloud Developer, based in Aberdeen.
* Review and provide guidelines to the FI/IS/BS team in relation to migration of legacy on premise applications to a modern cloud platform.
* The scope will include a review of existing applications to define which application are in scope for migration, redevelopment of the applications in scope on the cloud platform and contributing to the enhancement of the existing technical framework and development standards for cloud native application development.
* Participating in the design and creation of scalable software
* Writing clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
* Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
* Developing new user-facing features using React.js
* Developing backend components using the Microsoft.NET stack
* Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
* Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
* Working with development teams and product managers to design software solutions
* Designing client-side and server-side architecture
* Developing and managing well-functioning databases and applications
* Designing and implement RESTful APIs
* Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
* Problem solving, debugging and upgrading software
* Ensuring cloud native products are secure following industry best practices
* Writing technical documentation
* Participating in a review of existing on premise applications to define which application are in scope for migration to the company Cloud Platform
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience in cloud software solution architecture patterns and best practices
* The design and implementation of web applications
* Ensuring the back and front end are designed for speed and scalability
* Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
* Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs
* Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
* Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
* Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
* Familiarity with git and common workflows such as GitOps or GitFlow
* Experience with Azure DevOps or any modern CI/CD tool
* Experience with developing front ends for industrial applications is a plus.
* Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. C#, Java, Python)
* Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/052773.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.