Posting End Date: January 31, 2022
Posting will expire at 11:59 pm local time.
On January 1, 2021, Husky and Cenovus combined to form a resilient integrated energy leader. Husky is now part of the Cenovus group of companies.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
About this Opportunity
Husky is looking for Computer Science and Engineering students who are seeking an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a refining environment. We are looking for individuals who can bring fresh ideas to the table, and who are willing to learn from some of the industry’s most innovative and talented people. If this is you, consider applying for one of our student
Why We Work at Husky
- A wide range of opportunities to gain experience – no matter the field.
- Innovation is a key. As a leading energy company, we are always looking for ways to reduce our environmental impact.
- Safety as a core value
- Competitive compensation
- Volunteering opportunities
- Community Investment activities
- Inclusive work environment
- Gain insight into our New Grad Program as an opportunity to kick-start your professional career with Cenovus post-graduation
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity full of meaningful, diverse, and challenging assignments working alongside industry leading professionals? You’ll be part of a driven, and collaborative team completing important projects while receiving the mentorship, knowledge, and experience to develop the skills you need to build an exciting career.
Husky Energy is seeking innovative and driven students to support our Process Control Engineering Team.
Process Control Engineering
- Assist with the upgrade of Controls computers onsite
- Monitor Controls network for McAfee compliance and resolve issues that arise
- Monitors Controls network to ensure timely backups and resolve issues that arise
- Deploy approved Microsoft updates to Controls assets
- Maintain and update asset inventory list for controls assets
- Update Network and Fiber drawings plant wide
- Assist with installation of new networking and controls hardware for infrastructure upgrades
- Assist with maintenance and troubleshooting of Power Monitoring system onsite
- Candidates must be majoring in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Computer Technology, Computer Science or related technology/engineering degree
- Legally entitled to work in the US without sponsorship
- Available to begin work in May 2022
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Husky pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements
- As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, a valid US Driver’s License is required
- Previous experience is considered an asset
- Technical Professional Skills
- Drives for Results
- Forward Thinking
- Change Agility
- Develops Potential
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively
Please submit a resume and transcript. Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no public transportation.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
Husky Energy is an affirmative action employer and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, or other personal or physical characteristics protected by law.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky’s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.huskyenergy.com.