Posting End Date: January 31, 2022
Posting will expire at 11:59 pm local time.
On January 1, 2021, Husky and Cenovus combined to form a resilient integrated energy leader. Husky is now part of the Cenovus group of companies.
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
About this Opportunity
Husky is looking for Electrical Engineering students who are seeking an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a refining environment. We are looking for individuals who can bring fresh ideas to the table, and who are willing to learn from some of the industry’s most innovative and talented people. If this is you, consider applying for one of our student
Why We Work at Husky
- A wide range of opportunities to gain experience – no matter the field.
- Innovation is a key. As a leading energy company, we are always looking for ways to reduce our environmental impact.
- Safety as a core value
- Competitive compensation
- Volunteering opportunities
- Community Investment activities
- Inclusive work environment
- Gain insight into our New Grad Program as an opportunity to kick-start your professional career with Cenovus post-graduation
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity full of meaningful, diverse, and challenging assignments working alongside industry leading professionals? You’ll be part of a driven, and collaborative team completing important projects while receiving the mentorship, knowledge, and experience to develop the skills you need to build an exciting career.
Husky Energy is seeking innovative and driven students to support various departments across the business:
- Participate in Preventative Maintenance Program work such as IR scanning, transformer and motor testing, and protective relay testing
- Help with smaller maintenance projects and capital projects
- Assist the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor in the field
- Data collection, print creation and review
- Work with Instrument & Electrical Engineers (I/E)
- Manage small scale electrical and instrumentation/controls projects-new installation and upgrade of existing electrical and instrumentation
- Assist with field support for large scale instrumentation / electrical projects – PMCS network, substations, and instrumentation and PLC system upgrades.
- Candidates must be majoring in an Electrical Engineering degree program
- Legally entitled to work in the US without sponsorship
- Available to begin work in May 2022
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This is a safety sensitive role and as such you will also be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during required work hours. Furthermore, you will also be required to pass the Husky pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment requirements
- As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, a valid US Driver’s License is required
- Previous experience is considered an asset
- Technical Professional Skills
- Drives for Results
- Forward Thinking
- Change Agility
- Develops Potential
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively
Please submit a resume and transcript. Applications without a recent transcript will not be considered.
Students moving for their work term may be eligible to receive a lump sum payment to assist with relocation expenses.
Candidates must have their own means of transportation as there is no public transportation.
New graduates are not eligible for student opportunities.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
Husky Energy is an affirmative action employer and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, veteran status, or other personal or physical characteristics protected by law.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky’s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.huskyenergy.com.