Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Commercial Administrator on a permanent basis based in Aberdeen, UK.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Compile Client invoices ensuring all bills are prepared for issue to Clients on a weekly or monthly basis in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions.
- Understand the financial information within the commercial agreements e.g., invoice cycles and criteria to which billing takes place.
- Work closely with Commercial Coordinators to ensure the Client invoicing is in line with the contract including obtaining and updating the current and agreed sell rates to ensure accuracy of billing.
- Ensure the timely and accurate invoicing of all projects and that invoices are issued at the earliest opportunity which will be either on project finalisation or within agreed billing cycle, whichever is earlier.
- Ensure Commercial and Project Management approval is obtained on all invoices to be issued to the client prior to issue.
- Ensure that all credit notes are kept to a minimum and are approved in line with the delegation of authority matrix.
- Check that all information to support an invoice is available in a timely manner for the invoice. I.e., is not delaying the invoice to go out to the client and if it is not taking proactive actions to resolve.
- Work with the projects on any queries pertaining to external and internal supplied invoice data or set-up queries that could hold up invoicing.
- Ensure all rechargeable third-party costs are captured in client bills.
- Ensure at month end data is available for compilation of monthly accounts.
- Assist, where required in collating and uploading timesheets.
- Assist, where required, in the payroll process.
- Summarise timesheet information for billing purposes.
- Issue client invoice statements on a monthly basis.
- To assist in the month end accounting process by running job ledger reports and updating reports.
- Assist the Commercial Coordinators on maintaining Cash Flow assumptions on project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Previous experience of either client invoicing
- Experience of working on an ERP system
- Administration and data entry experience
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.