Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Commercial Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Reviewing the commercial outputs of the project and in particular the Grid Connection/HV services strategy.
* Evaluating the development of Procurement, Construction and O&M plans through analysing the financial impact on the power offtake and the grid connection strategies.
* Supporting the Grid & Power Offtake Manager in creating and implementing the power sales strategy to maximise returns for the project through a mix of contracts for supply of power by undertaking complex financial modelling addressing all relevant financial inputs.
* Modelling power sales alternatives, market specific power sales solutions and business models such as project specific, Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), hydrogen sales and transport agreements, in coordination with related internal and external processes.
* Creation of complex financial models addressing the impact of specific grid commercial agreements on the financial elements of the wind farm grid connection and the project as a whole.
* Supporting the Grid Commercial Lead in reviewing commercial requirements mandated by the National Grid and other bodies by undertaking complex financial modelling addressing all relevant financial inputs.
* Providing analysis of ongoing commercial engagement with the National Grid to assess opportunities for financial improvements.
* Modelling the financial impact of future agreement modifications and advising the Grid Commercial Lead on how to effectively engage with the National Grid, BEIS and other stakeholders.
* Utilising financial models and analysis to support the preparation of commercial grid connection applications to the National Grid and addressing commercial elements, losses and liabilities related to framework agreements.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree educated or above, or professional qualification, in a highly numerical of mathematical subject and CFA qualifications.
* Relevant experience, preferably working with financial models for large complex projects.
* Commercial experience in offshore wind, or large-scale renewable power generation.
* Ability to communicate complex financial information to a non-technical audience.
* Knowledge of the specific project stages and commercial elements involved in offshore wind projects.
* Very good written and oral communication skills in multicultural environments, with the ability to enable effective discussion and team orientation in a constructive manner.
* Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage own workload and meet timescales.
* Detail-oriented and data-driven with commercial acumen.
* Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/056458.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.