LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 55381
Why you should join us:
We are seeking an individual who is knowledgeable in all aspects of Joint Venture practices and processes to lead the strategy for engagement at Suncor’s Fort Hills Energy LP (FHELP). In this role, you will provide business leaders with professional level advice related to contract and agreement principles, practices and processes and act as the key liaison for the team with respect to best practices.
You will use your expertise to:
- Understand complex commercial agreements and create fit for purpose Agreement / Contract management processes
- Coordinate Commercial Subcommittee agendas, meeting material and action logs
- Draft Resolutions recommending Mancom approvals, for review by Legal and Mancom Secretary.
- Coach and facilitate interaction and integration between commercial, supply chain, legal and technical groups.
- Support the Operator’s Obligation Tool of selected external obligations – update the database; trigger and track completion of each obligation.
- Lead and contribute to Operator Governance process improvement opportunities
- Oversee the Fort Hills Partner Planner of key meetings, agendas, issues and required approvals
- Manage Fort Hills Partner Portal document repository; provide expert level system administration and act as key liaison for user access/licenses, document management, portal performance and setting up new subsites
- Implement and administer processes to secondee (Owner) personnel to work on the Project or for Suncor
- Advise internal stakeholders/Subcommittee Chairs & Secretaries on best practices; provide process support, promote operational excellence and audit performance
- Contribute to Joint Venture (JV) Operator orientation and training programs specific to supporting the Fort Hills Operator team
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 7+ years of related experience
- Bachelor of Commerce or other relevant post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills both written and verbal to draft, edit and review documents including presentations, communications, and reports
- Strong awareness and approach to dealing with sensitive confidential materials
- High degree of proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ECMS and working knowledge of SAP
- Familiarity with working in organizations with matrix leadership structure and service delivery by functional organizations.
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Strong relationship building and non-authoritative leadership skills to mentor, coach and influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels of their organizations
- Capable of handling complex multivariable tasks concurrently, in different environments, while paying attention to fine detail
- Ability to identify the need for disciplined, repeatable processes that support consistent behavior and successful outcomes; recommends continuous improvement ideas
- Strong knowledge of Fort Hills Governance processes, and roles and responsibilities of Mancom and Subcommittees. Good working knowledge of the Operator’s Agreements
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- You will partake in a 24×7 on-call rotation
- Depending on the nature of the role, we have implemented a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. To learn more, speak to your recruiter
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.