ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Exploration Commercial and is part of the North America Exploration team with focus on Gulf of Mexico commercial activities (incl. some Canada).
This position requires a person who can easily and professionally interact within Hess’ upstream organization and with external business partners and stakeholders, using good interpersonal skills while being aligned to company goals and objectives and embracing the Hess Values and Hess Way of Working.
Candidates should be knowledgeable about the upstream energy business, with significant knowledge of industry practices, trends, regulations, laws and rulings as they pertain to our core business activities (Gulf of Mexico focus). Ideal candidates will exhibit potential for future growth within the Commercial organization, particularly GOM Exploration/Appraisal and/or Development/Production.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
ROLES & REPONSIBILITIES
This role will be responsible for activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing analytical Commercial, Leasing and other business support for Hess’ Gulf of Mexico and Canada exploration business units.
- Monitoring and dissemination of changes (proposed and implemented) within the purview of applicable regulatory bodies (BOEM, BSEE, CNLOPB, etc.) to key internal stakeholders.
- Performing a variety of commercial agreement review and maintenance activities.
- Maintaining lease expiration schedules, contract obligations schedules and reports and AFE cost management schedules.
- Preparation and support of external regulatory (BOEM, BSEE, ONRR, etc.) and other ad hoc business partner correspondence.
- Analyze and understand all agreement provisions for population into QLS or CLM
- Collaborate with internal and external customers, regulatory agency personnel (BOEM, BSEE, ONRR, etc.) and/ or other Commercial teams within Hess.
- Support other Commercial activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Oil Spill Financial Responsibility filings / updates
- Assignments and Qualification Card filings / updates
- Other regulatory filings incl. SOOs, SOPs, Unitization, AOPs
- Quarterly and Annual lease reporting
- NRI Updates
- Strong knowledge of Upstream Commercial management activities (Gulf of Mexico experience highly desired).
- Excellent verbal/written communication, organization (attention to detail), and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- Outstanding team player with strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate within a multi-disciplinary group to achieve project related goals.
- Creative, outside the box thinker – solutions oriented.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree or certificate in relevant discipline preferred
- 5+ years of relevant Commercial experience preferred
- Commercial Management and Administration:
- Lease, royalty, and joint interest partner concepts
- Laws and regulatory provisions related to oil and gas extraction
- Familiarity with oil and gas operations (particularly upstream contracts)
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Understand the essential requirements of ownership transfers and be able to interpret the effects of a wide range of ownership-transfer documents.
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple deadlines and requirements of internal and external customers and stakeholders, ability to manage project objectives, ensure visibility, timelines and measure success criteria.
- Influencing: Effectively influences both internal and external partners, develops appropriate influencing strategies and styles to overcome blockages, asserts ideas positively and persuasively, gaining support and commitment from others and mobilizing people to take action.
- Decision Making: Independently develops solutions to challenging business problems and can effectively support / communicate the rationale for same.
- Critical Thinking: Identifies the main issues, problems, and opportunities. Uses analysis to draw appropriate conclusions and judgment in choosing a course of action. Strong attention to detail.
- Collaboration: Strong interpersonal skills required with the ability to establish / maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in email, presentation, and informal settings, including directing preparation of maps, slides, charts or other supporting materials. Conveys information and ideas clearly and succinctly through a variety of media, knows the audience and verifies that the message has been understood.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity in all forms of expression and thought.
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Jazzmine Ononiwu | Employee | Commercial | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 26308
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.