TAX Free Contractual Job Opportunity has been made available for an experienced Commissioning Engineer to be based in Qatar by a leading company in the oil and gas industry.
Primary Purpose of the Job :
Responsible for pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of facilities in projects in accordance with COMPANY procedures and guidelines in place. To function as Focal Point for supervision of project related pre-commissioning and commissioning works executed by contractors/their sub-contractors at COMPANY facilities/contractor marine spread at offshore locations, in accordance with COMPANY e-PTW requirements.
5/2 & 29/27 as required
- To define, mobilize and manage an organization which will cover the preparation and the execution of commissioning.
- To manage the preparation of project specific pre-commissioning /commissioning procedures and reporting tools (including technical database when applicable, planning, punch list control).
- To manage the execution of commissioning to achieve maximum productivity, minimize cost and achieve smooth hand over.
- To supervise the reporting of commissioning execution to ensure that all technical, and contractual information is properly recorded, collected and available for inspection/reference as required by regulations and COMPANY procedures/ policies.
- To supervise the schedule of commissioning in order to reach the planned end date.
- To co-ordinate with other project entities/existing facilities.
- To ensure the project commissioning and handover process is implemented in compliance with COMPANY’s procedures and guidelines.
- To promote HSE behavior within the commissioning activities and verify that HSE procedures are implemented by commissioning team.
- To review and provide input to project scope of work.
- Improve COMPANY commissioning procedures, initiate and contribute to the commissioning deliverables standardization, develop strategy to minimize offshore commissioning and minimize lost time due to interfaces.
- Develop commissioning strategy and provide input to the project execution plan and early stages of engineering.
- Responsible for the review and the approval of the various commissioning preparation tasks to be performed by the Contractor: work breakdown structure, priorities, resources, schedule, etc.
- Review and approve the commissioning management procedures (hand over, checklists, interfaces, punch list, internal organization, and sign-off certificates).
- Review and approve the commissioning dossiers prepared by the Contractor (including database populating and operational test procedures writing).
- Coordinate activities of the COMPANY commissioning team (system engineers, discipline supervisors, planning / punch list controller, Asset holder).
- Identify and address all interface issues with other project packages with respect to commissioning.
- Prepare overall commissioning plan and obtain approval for the same in consultation with Asset Holder.
- Responsible to check and endorse mechanical completion
- Responsible for witnessing and monitoring the pre-commissioning activities performed by the Contractor.
- Countersign all pre-commissioning dossiers at Ready For Commissioning (RFC) status.
- Control all commissioning activities performed by the Contractor and its reporting.
- Check progress against planning and recommend any necessary corrective actions, close follow up on punch list with Contractor and Asset Holder.
- Coordinate with Contractor/Vendors to solve system/equipment performance problems.
- Coordinate schedule for equipment vendor’s presence/visits at site(s), on-job and class room training to Operations to assist in the commissioning of critical equipment and processes.
- Review and approve the commissioning dossiers after completion of commissioning activities and sign the Ready For Start Up and hand over certificates
- Participate and contribute to all safety design review and studies.
- Support and assist project team in project closeout gate.
- Actively participates and contributes in Qatari development programmes.
Decision Making Authority
- Under general supervision of Head Commissioning and Logistics, take the decisions on the project issues within the frame work of respective contract documents and COMPANY procedures/guidelines, in close coordination and concurrence with the Project Team.
- Accountable for efficiently managing all Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities in accordance with COMPANY policies and procedures.
Context / Special Features / Challenges
- The ability to cope with shift work and unsocial hours.
- Frequent long working hours may be required which include outdoor field work.
- Exposed to multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment requiring special management skills.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- B.Sc. in an Engineering Discipline or a Diploma with extensive experience in commissioning of oil and gas projects.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in design, construction, commissioning and start-up of oil & gas processing plants and preferably offshore with EPIC contracting companies of which a minimum eight (8) years Commissioning Coordinator/Team Leader.
- Understanding of commissioning for various types of work. -Mechanical / Elec/Instrumentation/Telecom, Radio Systems, Security Systems, Fibre Optics, IP Networking: Telcom Systems and DC Power System,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Relevant technical expertise. Multi-discipline engineering exposure with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good IT and analytical skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.