NES Fircroft are recruiting an experienced Communications Technician for a 6-month temp to perm site-based role working an 8:6 rotation FIFO from Perth.
The successful Communications Technician will have previous experience with MineStar Fleet Management System with at least 5 years working with with operational technology networks
Our client are seeking a team player to join their Technology Group to support one of the largest Autonomous mines in the world.
Reporting to the Mine Systems Coordinator, this diverse role will be responsible for the ongoing operational health and maintenance of the Operational Technology networks.
Key Technical Responsibilities.
- Monitor the wireless communication system performance and integrity of the communication infrastructure actively seeking opportunities for continuous improvement
- Analyse equipment failures trends and recommend replacement equipment and components
Provide technical advice and support to other teams and departments on communication equipment used within the mine site
- Monitor signal strengths of wireless communications used throughout the Active mining areas
- Provide support to onboard maintenance teams in relation to onboard communication hardware faults
- Conduct installation work of Tetra 2-way systems for LV equipment when required
- Conduct PM inspections of the trailer and tower infrastructure used for communications throughout the Active mining areas
- Relocation of communication trailers as required to ensure radio coverage across all mining areas
Conduct Level 1 and Level 2 repairs of Sepura radios
- Respond to and complete incidents and requests logged through ServiceNow application
- Maintain the integrity of fleet map including Tetra database utilised for the Tetra Digital two-way system
- Support project work as required which is defined by onsite project communication supervisors
- Provide On-Call support for network and communications problem resolution and remediation
- Provide feedback on resolution of faults and status of systems
- Technical input in assisting with system planning for Mine communication infrastructure
- Provide technical advice and support to other teams and departments on communications equipment
Qualifications & Experience required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with operational technology networks
- Experience in communications infrastructure (Cisco Mesh networks, microwave PTP/PMP links, Fibre optic) essential
- Minimum apprenticeship, adult trade scheme or Certificate IV in Electronics or Communication
- Previous experience with MineStar Fleet Management System and TETRA Digital Radio systems highly regarded
- Previously worked around HME within an open cut pit environment
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.