Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
This position supports the US Drilling and Completions Division by providing advisory, technical and data analytics support to the engineering team on day to day projects but with more focus on key value add projects.
Devon Energy’s operations are focused in the following core areas: the Eagle Ford, Permian Basin, Powder River Basin, Williston Basin, and the Anadarko Basin.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in oil and gas production practices with emphasis in completions engineering.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS
• Leading innovation and process improvement initiatives relying on data driven evaluations to identify and quantify gaps/opportunities and support the team through implementation and execution of any proposed solutions
• Possess fundamental coding and advanced data analytics skills including experience with Python, Spotfire, SQL, etc.
• Applies fundamental engineering concepts to drive innovative, practical and data driven solutions to problems
• Experienced in design and execution of completion monitoring and diagnostics projects
• Lead projects working with Planning and Execution teams – must influence and lead discipline-specific projects
• Effectively communicate with vendors, management, technical and field staff to achieve project goals
• Understand and applies all of Devon’s Policies and ensures others comply with these policies
• Possess ability to perform completion execution role
• Reviews, processes, and approves invoices in area of responsibilities
• Demonstrate safe and ethical behavior/work habits at all times
• Uses the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected
• Familiarity with completion/production operations
• Working knowledge of state and federal regulatory laws and regulations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Creative individual, capable of working independently analyzing and solving problems
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve project related goals
• Efficient time management and the ability to concurrently handle multiple projects
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.
To apply for this job please visit careers.devonenergy.com.