Completions Project Engineer
Port Harcourt – Nigeria
The Completions Project Engineer acts as the customer point-of-contact for business line operations, providing superior levels of support throughout the service delivery process and contract performance. The Completions Project Engineer leverages their technical expertise to make operational and technological recommendations that will optimize well completion and delivery. This person is responsible for driving customer satisfaction and service quality and is responsible for the cost of service delivery.
Key competencies for this role are communication, planning, managing the relationship between scope, schedule, quality, budget, risk management, negotiation and personnel management.
- Designing and supervising the initial well completion
- Collaboration with the rest of the well delivery team departments, local authorities and regulators
- Making sure that the well delivery process is within the expected time and budget
- Well intervention, appraisal and testing
- Examining and making recommendations to solve well design problems, and to maximize daily output in a safe manner
- Modelling completion performance, then monitoring the actual result
- Examining test results, then performing stimulation techniques such as acidizing or fracturing
- Designing and applying sand control applications such as gravel packing or consolidation
- Optimizing workover plans and operations
- Complex well design and execution such as multilaterals
- Designing and preparing for well bore cleanups
- Determining and ordering supplies and equipment such as the correct type and quantity of cement or tubing
- Preparing cost estimates and risk assessments as part of the well delivery team
- Overseeing the physical aspects of the completions plan, keeping an eye on mud logs and other well logs
- Monitoring practical safety aspects and manufacturers use guidelines supplied with equipment
- Setting up and early monitoring of flow control and other sensory equipment
- Adjusting well design, equipment and settings according to the early feedback after the well starts producing
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum experience of 5 years’ experience in Well Completions
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
As a leading employer in our industry, Schlumberger is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.