We are seeking a Lead Compliance Advisor for mature oil and gas operations in Algeria. The role is long term on a rotation basis (4 weeks on / 4 week off). Day rate will be £630/day.
This is an Ex-pat assignment and candidate must be fluent in English and French.
The role requires confidence and energy to support the compliance programme, and to support the development of local compliance advisors in operations. This role will work closely with senior management to support the management and mitigation of bribery and corruption, money laundering, trade sanctions and other relevant compliance and ethical risks within the organisations.
The successful candidate should enjoy a fast-paced and diverse workload and should have the ability and experience to work with minimal supervision.
- Qualified lawyer with post-qualification experience in regulatory matters.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French languages. Arabic written and/or spoken skills would be an advantage.
This role is accountable for:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an international standard compliance programme which addresses bribery and corruption, money laundering, trade sanctions and other relevant compliance and ethical risk
- Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on risk, mitigations, and risk-management strategies
The successful candidate should have experience in:
- Bribery and corruption and other compliance matters, including the provision of compliance-related advice under the U.K. Bribery Act and/or the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Strategically assessing regulatory compliance and ethical risks
- Developing compliance programmes including advising on the continuous improvement of such programmes, and building related tools to do so
- Leading a team and developing skills in others to manage compliance and ethical issues within complex organisations
- Implementing a process to conduct anti-bribery / corruption due diligence risk screening of new suppliers and counterparties.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.