Kuala Lumpur – Malaysia
- Maintain production scheduled in order to optimize Kuala Lumpur systems, as delegated by the Data Processing Supervisor, Software/Hardware groups and Computer Operations Supervisor.
- Shift coverage required by the Operations team, enabling a 24 hour, 7 day per week according to the Shift schedule.
- Ability to work as part of a team environment is essential to the role. Exercise of good time management is required in order to maintain a large Cluster Node system with heavy work loads, and maintain all associated tasks in order to keep the operation utilized at optimum levels is essential. Use of WesternGeco Software Applications e.g. JSS, WHSM, etc. Use initiative to draw upon resources provided & implement local procedure to resolve issues within the role of Operations staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize resources, contributing to a seamless operation around the clock e.g. Release production to the system according to daily Processing Schedules, monitor of Omega production and machine activity. Manipulate job scheduling system configurations, as delegated by Management in line with current Production requirements. Report production problems to Data Processing and Support Staff as required, on a 24 hour, 7 day basis.
- Monitor logical file systems, disk usage, production printout, backups, etc, and provide general file system maintenance.
- Log and report software/hardware problem descriptions and affects upon production. Liase with Data Processing & Support staff during business and after hours.
- Access or locate and load client field tape data into the system. Develop an understanding of the Tape Cataloging system, for the purpose of Client field tape & in-house data procurement.
- Implement local procedure to resolve system or hardware issues within the scope of the Operations Department. e.g. Liase with Support staff to initiate shutdown/startup emergency procedures in the event of power failure, air/con failure or fire.
- Complete operator requests & additional tasks assigned as required by management e.g. tar, tcopy, backup creation & restore, CD / DVD write, dd, tape dump, tape retrieval for shipment, WHSM retrieves and archives, general care of the Computer room, etc.
- Attend Operations meetings and review minutes for current production, system and QHSE information and discussions.
- Contribute to Computer Operations local work instructions.
- Potential to provide basic training of new operator staff.
- Minimum Diploma in Information Technology/Computer or equivalent.
- Working experience in related position is an advantage.
- Willing to work in Kuala Lumpur on rotating shifts.
- Demonstrate proficiencies in office productivity tools (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: https://careers.slb.com/fraud
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.