LOCATION: Various, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 58543
Why you should join us:
We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Student positions (including co-ops and interns) at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with significant and meaningful work experiences to help enable you to figure out where you want your career to go – better yet, many of our students go on to become permanent Suncor employees after they graduate! You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you outstanding academic and career growth.
You will have the opportunity to put your academic knowledge of design, development, application and analysis into practice, and leave your mark within a large integrated organization.
You will use your expertise to:
- Participate in the development of solutions for technical issues and in the verification of implementation of these solutions
- Understand and optimize current operations, and develop tools for tracking process data for analysis and metrics reporting
- Craft and present summary reports, performance metrics reports, graphical representation and presentations as required
- Sort, file and organize various databases
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Current enrolment in a formal co-op program or internship program in a Computer Science or related program at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term (attach your transcripts with your application)
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Proven computer application knowledge with advanced understanding of Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, advanced filters) and PowerPoint
- An understanding of Power BI
- The ability to analyze and present findings in a concise manner
- A continuous improvement mindset and are able to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, process and hazards in the workplace
- A zero-tolerance for shortcuts, and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W., or our Base Plant Mine in Fort McMurray, Alberta
- This is an 8 – 12 month work term, starting January 2022
Start your career at Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.