Our Client is a large group of organisations with a specific manufacturing division that produced high quality construction materials.
A Laboratory manager is now required to ensure the smooth operation of the laboratory ensuring safe and effective procedures. Using extensive managerial stills, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Managing the laboratory and implementing any related instructions to ensure that all staff follow the necessary procedures
• Conducting routine geotechnical/construction materials testing laboratory and field assignments including soils, concrete and masonry laboratory test performance
• Calibrating and maintaining the laboratory equipment
• Ensuring the laboratory is organized and in compliance with Quality Assurance and Quality Control initiatives, ISO 9001:2015 and BS EN UKAS accreditation requirements
• Performing calculations and data collection of test results and other administrative duties as appropriate
• Conducting both field testing services and laboratory testing
• Conducting technical trouble shooting of field and laboratory testing
• Recruiting, training and conducting performance reviews
• Networking with clients, general contractors, and site superintendents
• Providing cost proposals for construction materials testing projects
• Providing monthly reports on team performance and manager activity to the Senior Manager
• Providing Support Services and relevant teams as identified by the Group
• Liaising directly with the Group’s clients via email to assist with queries, providing fast, accurate and thorough responses using pre-approved templates, including handling urgent emails from the Group’s clients and suppliers
• Purchasing chemicals and new equipment and for the Laboratory
• Working with Health & Safety Department to ensure H&S is managed correctly
• Inspecting all equipment prior to use and report any unsafe conditions to the immediate supervisor
• Have several years’ experience in a similar role and preferably be educated to MQF Level 5 in a related subject
• Show good knowledge of lab procedures in relation to concrete testing
• Demonstrate ability to utilise computer software and have good report writing skills
• Possess knowledge of scientific research methodologies
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career within a managerial role. This is a full time position working Monday to Friday however weekend work and overtime may be required where tight deadlines are in place.
Our Client is happy to consider individuals relocating within the EU.
If you have a professional attitude and the ability to lead a team within this environment, please contact Ami Baird at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.ablyresources.com.