On behalf of our Mining Owner Operator client, NES Fircroft are recruiting an experienced SMP Construction Supervisor to assist managing Contractors during the construction of a new Iron Ore Processing Facility in the Pilbara. Site based role on a 2:1 rotation working 12-hour days FIFO from Perth. 12 month contract with potential extension.
Reporting into the Construction Manager, the successful SMP Construction Supervisor will assist managing the Contractors working in their area of the project, with respect to:
- Welding, tank, and plate work.
Pipe work, pipe fitting, pipe welding.
- Structural steel erection.
- Module’s installation, plates work, general welding general SMP installation.
- Mechanical, pumps, motors, agitators, drives, alignments.
- Interface with Safety and Environmental Advisors to assist Contractors in achieving compliance.
- Coordinate with the Area Superintendent and other discipline supervisors to manage impact on other activities
- Interface with engineering staff for technical matters and support services
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the current revisions of the Contract Drawings, Technical Specifications, and all other relevant documentation.
- Ensure Contractor compliance with their Quality Management Plan
- Review and sign off contractor/project quality documents as required including ITP’s, FIC’s and ITRs
- Interface with and support the Contracts Administrator to resolve contractual issues
- Comply with your Appointment under Section 44 of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act 1994
- Monitor the work of contractors and consultants to ensure contract and project objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Ensure site entry requirements for plant, equipment and personnel are complied with.
- Report weekly to the Area Superintendent on the progress in each of your work areas.
- Attend kick-off, daily pre-start and weekly meetings with consultants and contractors.
- Act as a spokesperson for your area communicating project scope, objectives, and progress
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5/10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Significant work experience in a related field
- Relevant equivalent hands-on industry experience delivering SMP scopes
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team with proven leadership skills,
- Experience managing external consultants and contractors
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including both written and verbal communication skills. Having the demonstrated ability to liaise and interact with individuals and groups of varying levels of authority.
- High level of organisational skills and an ability to meet deadlines whilst managing multiple functions simultaneously.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.