Airswift is seeking for a Contracts Administrator to work with one of our key clients in the midstream sector located in Houston, TX for a 6-month contract.
Responsible for the support during the Post Award Contract Phase to User Units and their respective areas of competence (Legal, HR, Production, etc.). Ensures that all contracts are complete, valid and meet all standards/requirements outlined by Procurement Department. This position reports directly to the Head of Contract Administration.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Address issues relevant to post-award contract management (such as procedural clarifications, disputes, contractual changes, etc.);
- may attend handover meetings and receives relevant information from Company’s internal functions relevant to the contract;
- may attend the contractual kick-off meetings together with the Contract Holder and any involved internal functions as well as progress meetings;
- monitor activities with respect to specific key performance indicators of assigned contracts, such as the progress of the spending against the relevant administrative contract value and expiry date of contracts;
- verify the process of the awarded contractor ensuring they have supplied all the documentation required and requested under the contract to ensure that all contractual obligations and requirements are fully met in accordance to Regulatory Framework;
- ensures that the speciality area Contract Holder/User Unit is notified of any irregularities identified during the execution of the contract;
- collect information on the awarded contractor’s performance during the contract execution phase and receives Contract Holder relevant approval to enable the issue of appropriate feedback;
- reviews input from Contract Holder’s requests for changes to the contract and assesses any disputes that might arise during contract execution phase by verifying their admissibility and applicability under the terms of the contract;
- provide contract administration lessons learned within the Company;
- compile and reviews the admissibility of any claims and the applicability of any liquidated damages or volume discounts provided for in the contract;
- works with Head of Contract Administration/Procurement Manager/Contract Holder with preparation / review of correspondence with contractors on post-award contractual / commercial matters within the area of competence;
- correspond with the awarded contractor, ensuring traceability and involving, if necessary, all relevant functions;
- Reports directly to Head of Contract Administration
- Liaise with other roles involved in Contract Management activities (e.g. Contract Holder, User Unit, Receiving unit)
- Liaise regularly with other competent functions/departments within the organisation (e.g. Legal, Finance, HSE)
- Liaise with Contractors
- Maintain contact with peers in other Operating Companies and major Contractors, if applicable
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Economics, Law, or other relevant degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Contract Administration of which at least 3 years are in Oil & Gas and/or valid “Contract Management” certification released by Corporate University
- Advanced Knowledge of the post award contract management process: application of procedures, working instructions and contractual standards in Energy Industry – use and application of methodologies for the management of variations and claims during the contract lifecycle with relevant analysis of impact on costs.
- Basic knowledge of pre-award activities: Procurement planning and management – Technical Bid Evaluations – Knowledge of various types of contracts and different Procurement Strategies.
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken is required.
- Knowledge of: Regulation applicable to contracts and subcontracts – Health Safety and Environment – Safety at worksites – Technical Specifications and standards – Contract Terms and Conditions – International Petroleum Agreements.
- Basic knowledge of Economics: Cost analysis and purchase pricing – Financial Evaluations – Cost estimating – Budgeting – Cost analysis and control.
- Proficient personal computer skills (email, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Proactive and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organizational skills/time management.
- Ability to draft Requisitions, implement Call-Offs and manage Service Entries and Goods Receipt in SAP;
- Experience in expediting and in managing contract close-out process.
| || || |