Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for a Contract Conformance Specialist II to join their team in Edmonton, AB on a 1-year assignment.
The Contract Conformance Specialist (CCS) is accountable for the day-to-day sourcing and conformance responsibilities for all contractual arrangements of assigned capital and maintenance projects.
• The CCS manages the entire sourcing and administration stages of the potential proponents and eventual contracts on the Project/Program.
• The CCS manages the flow of documentation and communication related to the contractual relationship between Company and Contractor to ensure contractual obligations are met.
• The CCS facilitates the timely identification, communication, and resolution of contractual matters.
• The CCS interacts frequently with third parties as well as in-house departments including legal, project management, construction management, business development, system planning, procurement, contract management, project controls and other functional groups.
• The CCS reports directly to the SCM Team Lead, Construction Sourcing & Admin (“Team Lead”) unless directed otherwise. The CCS has an indirect reporting relationship to applicable Project Team(s).
• Assigned projects or programs with a consolidated total of up to $50MM per year.
• Assigned projects or programs, including those of moderate complexity.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, construction, legal, technical or business discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience in legal, engineering, construction, and/or contract administration or contract conformance of construction related projects, preferably in the gas pipeline industry; or Associates degree with a minimum 7-10 years of experience in legal, engineering, construction, and/or contract administration or contract conformance of construction related projects, preferably in the gas pipeline industry.
• Specific knowledge and experience in contracting process and issues related to energy industry construction projects.
• Fundamental understanding of intent, context purpose and utilization of all documents typically included in or required by a contract.
• Significant experience performing contract administration at a field (construction site) location.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
• Demonstrated excellent human relations, influencing, and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
• Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments to achieve goals. Familiarity with best management practices for contracting.
• Ability to support the negotiation of complex contracting issues.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to perform work with a reasonable level of supervision.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent technical writing skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively and effectively solve problems by using analytical skills to take corrective action before they become crises.
• Demonstrated proficiency working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office, SAP, Oracle, and SharePoint.
• Experience in front-end RFx processes is a plus (contract strategy development, RFx preparation, managing bid/evaluate/award cycle, contract negotiation/formation and contract execution), as the CCS will be requested to provide front-end support.
• Knowledge of the varying provincial construction regulations and Act’s including applicable Builders Lien Act’s (NT, AB, SK, MB, ON) is also a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with Project Execution contracting strategy.
• Facilitate preparation of contract exhibits, which include scope, specifications, pricing, and special instructions.
• Assist in writing technical contract language describing the scope, pricing, and special instructions for each assigned project.
• Coordinate with the Team Lead to ensure project specific functional requirements and contractor clarifications & qualifications (when applicable) are incorporated in the final contract documents.
• Lead contract negotiations with potential proponents during the contract bidding and formation phases.
• Coordinate project team in its development of a project specific communication plan.
• Participate and assist with training regarding contract conformance to team and third-party personnel.
• Review documents submitted by contractors for compliance with contract and provide notification to contractors of non-compliance and deviations from baselines, with concurrence of team and project manager.
• Maintain contractor correspondence and documentation logs.
• Prepare and transmit in a timely fashion company generated correspondence, with concurrence of project team functional lead, construction manager and project manager.
• Manage change order process, which includes managing change order log, generating change directives, reviewing contractor requested changes, and preparing approved change orders.
• Prepare meeting agenda, participate in person at, and take & distribute meeting notes for, contract-related meetings between company and contractor, except for Progress Meetings.
• Establish and implement project contract document control and retention system in compliance with company procedures.
• Review contractor submitted invoices for compliance with the requirements; distribute for review and approval by the appropriate personnel; and monitor through payment to the contractor.
• Coordinate with project team, Team Lead and legal lead, as required, in resolution of contractual issues/claims as they arise.
• Coordinate contract close-out with project team to ensure strict compliance with the related contracts.
• Close out project contract files and submit for retention in compliance with Company procedures.
• Prepare for and provide assistance during company and external compliance audits.
• Ongoing communication regarding project’s contractual requirements, practices and issues, including providing weekly and monthly status updates to management.
• The CCS’s primary location will be the Edmonton downtown office .
• The position requires occasional travel, approximately 25% of the time. Longer term field-based assignments are also a possibility however not guaranteed.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.