The job holder will primarily be responsible for procurement activities related to the Drilling and Wells package for the project including development of contract strategies as necessary. The job holder will be responsible for:
– Preparation and administration of Contracts and Purchase Orders for all the Drilling and Wells activities related to the project including the CFT documents, and associated evaluations
– Confidentiality Agreements with various Parties (Contractors and Service Companies)
– Support in the optimization of economic performance, quality and time efficiency of the C&P operations conducted.
– Other Project support contracts as needed
In addition, during the early phase of the project, the position holder will support the Package Manager in a project controls role, assisting in reviewing package costs and budgets.
The position will work in close collaboration and under the coordination of the Houston based GPI.
The incumbent must ensure compliance with regulations, reference documents and best practices for deep water Gulf of Mexico operations.
Procurement of oil and gas equipment and services with a robust network of qualified and experienced vendors and contractors with high awareness of all factors related with legal risks and liabilities.
The Job Holder contributes to the organization of Contracts with the project
– Participate in implementing contract and services referential (procedures, templates, forms…)
– Coordination with Affiliate C&P as applicable
– Ensure the communication with Global Procurement and in particular the Category Management network,
– Assist the Technical and Support entities.
The Job Holder manages the sourcing of Goods and Services:
– Participate actively in the definition and implementation of the contractual Plan,
– Manage the processes correctly:
o Receive purchase requests with a clear scope of work/service from the requesting entities,
o Develop all documents in accordance with project contractual strategies
o Organize, lead and manage the tendering process for Wells procurement and services,
o Lead the negotiation with the respective tenderers/contractors,
o Evaluate Offers along with requesting entities
– Supervise the establishment of the contracts, and directly participate to the contract management thereof,
– Ensure validation of all contract/PO content and process (including Partner(s) approval, if necessary),
– Participate in the settlement of claims, disputes and/or lawsuits, in relation with the Juridical, Insurance, Finance entities
The Job Holder manages the compliance
– Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of Contracts and Procurement policies, strategies and procedures to ensure compliance with Applicable Law and regulations and Group policies,
– Ensure that tendering procedures and processes strictly adhere to the compliance and ethical rules defined by the Group,
– Ensure that Contracts/PO comply with the standards of the Company and the Agreements with the Partner(s)
– Ensure all activities are aligned with Affiliate C&P normal practice, and Legal directives.
– Ensure the application and respect of the procedures in the tendering process.
– Ensure contract requirements are aligned with the Project digital implementation philosophy
Minimum Education: Bachelor/Masters degree, engineering or Business.
Minimum Experience: Demonstrated ability to negotiate varied and complex contracts with a wide range of contractors and vendors, with a minimum of 10-15 years experience in procurement of oil and gas equipment and services. Previous experience in similar role within large scale drilling campaigns.
Required Skills /Certifications:
– Negotiation skills,
– Strong experience managing call for tenders (preparation of CFT packages, evaluation of tenders, contractual and commercial negotiation, recommendation to award, etc.)
– Experience with Ariba / SAP is a benefit.
– Autonomous, with excellent organizational ability
– Knowledge of C&P tools
– Excellent organizational ability and commitment, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines
– Good team player: willingness to help, confidence and competence to deliver.
– Good knowledge and appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance, insurance, tax, JV management …).
– Job holder must have superior written and oral communication.
– Flexibility and pro-activeness are requested.
Fluent English required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.