CONTRACT & PROCUREMENT (C&P) ANALYST
Overall accountability for sourcing, contract management & administration, line interface and contractor management. Responsible to initiate activities related to sourcing, pre-qualification, enquiry, and evaluation, recommendation, ordering in an efficient and cost-effective manner. He / she needs to ensure timely placement of contracts and purchase orders.
- Develops and executes appropriate market sector strategies for portfolio with support and guidance from leadership
- Participates in and lead the development and execution of critical sourcing strategies and initiatives,
- Implements the required level of contactor management allocated portfolio
- Implement and adherence to procurement procedures, standards and systems required in administering the contract & procurement efforts.
- Initiate activities related to sourcing, pre-qualification, enquiry, evaluation, recommendation, ordering in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare Pre-Qualification/Screening, Tender Plans, Invitation To Bid Documents, Evaluation Criteria, Evaluation Reports and Award Recommendations.
- Liaise with PETRONAS/approving authorities and partners to obtain the necessary comments, endorsements and approvals of the contract related activities.
- Seek PETRONAS/partners endorsement and approval of Tender Plans, Technical/Commercial Evaluation Criteria, Technical Evaluation Reports, Techno-Commercial Evaluation Reports and Award Recommendation Reports.
- Initiate and prepare reports on local/foreign split and participation by contractors, as required by PETRONAS.
- Act as focal point on all contract matters and interfacing with User Departments, including self-starting, control and coordinating all related activities.
- Work directly under supervision of Senior Contract Analyst.
- Finalization of contract documents, post award monitoring/contract management activities, monitoring ACV and necessary expediting activities.
- Influencing and understanding the CATEGORY business objectives and desired outcomes including engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with contracting activities and building contractor relationships in order to achieve leading supply chain performance.
- Ensures that contracts are valid, relevant and pro-actively managed and administrated throughout their life cycle.
- Uses knowledge of commercial contract law to guide the development and assessment of pertinent contractual terms and conditions
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of personal the workload
- Ensuring that all required approvals are pro-actively in place at all times through the life cycle of the contract
- Supports implementation of and ensures compliance to best practices, approvals processes, document control and undertakes due diligence in ensuring mitigation of all external SCM risk from supplier selection through to contract execution
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in oil and gas industry.
- A sound knowledge of PETRONAS Tenders and Contracts Procedures
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong team building skills
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.