Where you fit in
Supply chains are at the core of Shell’s competitiveness and Contracting and Procurement (C&P) plays an instrumental role in Shell achieving all three strategic ambitions. We work with 29,000 suppliers, collaborate with all the businesses and functions across the Group, and handle around $40 billion third-party spend. C&P is an innovative, learning, and compliant organization and by forging deep relationships with our business partners, we operate safe, competitive, sustainable, and digitally connected global supply chains. In C&P we believe in creating an inclusive culture and work environment where you can thrive, innovate, and develop.
The specific role to-be-recruited is within CP GM-ship who supports Lubricants, Sector & Decarbonization Business. Being a member of CP in this community, you will not only experience not just a ‘GLOCAL’ way of working leveraging both global and local supply chains and relationships, but also growth together with the new business areas, work as ‘business partner’ to provide the best possible supply chain management and deal making solution for business, and pave the road of future success together.
What’s the role?
This exciting Contracting and Procurement Lead position will primarily support the Sectors and Decarbonization businesses: Mainly Aviation (Operations and Aviation Lubricants) with opportunities to also lead Construction & Road and Agriculture & Forestry categories. For Aviation, this means being accountable for end-to-end category management covering the portfolio demand, which includes strategy development/execution, acquisition of third-party lubricants, services, and contract management. For the Construction & Road & Agriculture & Forestry, this position will work closely with the business (Ops and BD) whom we outsourced the tolling operations to.
This position will also need to be actively involved in the contract and supplier management of all the logistics contracts with CP Trading and Supply (T&S).
- Ensure the overall strategies support the Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Shell personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas
- Accountable for developing procurement strategies across multiple Sectors & Decarbonization business which will support the business strategies and maximize the value of spend n, and at the same time able to challenge and influence stakeholders on choice of supplier pre-qualification criteria, market approach and most appropriate pricing strategy that are based on regularly updated cost models, business requirements and supplier industry analyses
- Responsible for the preparation and drive sourcing of high-complexity contracts, both for contracts that are managed globally as well as a support and implementation for significant local and regional contracting work, which include strict HSSE and Trade Controls compliance work. Drive the development of value creation and cost reduction targets in the category, and constructively enable end-to-end delivery in collaboration with various CP functions
- Play an active role in post award contract management, including risk mitigation, quarterly Business review meetings with the strategic/tactical suppliers to ensure delivery against business targets Bottom Line accountability: Annual cost initiatives targets; delivery within operating budget. Responsible for supporting the performance management of the category end to end
- Ensure that Global Deals/GFAs (Global Framework Agreements) are efficiently operationalized at the local business units (where applicable). Drive contract management coaching and training for the key Contract Holders in the business
- Maintain the correct stakeholder groups and working with GRA to ensure that the MoA aligns with the board governance structure
- Recognized as thought leader in the category and the related supplier markets, keeping on top of developments through frequent supplier engagements, relevant industry conferences and other market intelligence sources
- Ensure regular connects to related CP category communities as well as multiple COB stakeholders across various business teams to drive the category for greater efficiencies and yields, whilst managing strong connectivity with the Operation Managers for on-the-ground delivery
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree (min) in Business, Supply Chain, or another relevant field is preferred
- Must have legal authorization to work in Singapore on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in Supply Chain, gained through procurement background/ aviation industry / logistics / tolling / chemicals additives / building infrastructure / power contracts
- Able to influence stakeholders (Business, Supply Chain, Suppliers) to work together in an integrated way
- Able to perform contract management (including post contract process steps)
If you don’t see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.
Be the first to comment