We have a current opportunity for a Contracts Advisor – Indirect (IS) on a contract basis. The position will be based in Chiswick.
Position: Lead Category Specialist (IS)
Duration: 12 month contract
Basis: Inside IR35 (PAYE)
Support the Business in meeting its objectives for Indirect Procurement for respective categories – through the development of long term category plans. Developing contracting strategies, the composition and issue of invitations to tender, objective bid evaluation, preparation and award of the final contract, negotiation of arrangements coupled with post award contractor performance management.
Responsibilities /Key Objectives:
* Managing respective category with associated function, in terms of deriving and maintaining the category plans & setting deliverables for consolidation, efficiency and cost saving.
* Act as delegate to SCM Indirects Manager
* Working with the Business to manage and plan pipeline of activities for Tier1/2 and 3 sourcing activities
* Working alongside and in partnership with the BPO team to deliver Tier 1 and 2 projects, and setting the parameters of tier 3 souring with the BPO provider. Approval handling of Indirect contracts, which includes Vendor approvals. Handling of all sourcing requirements in accordance with SCM GCPP; as well as managing other Indirect Procurement contract requirements.
* Develop contracting strategies for contracts / purchases including establishment of Framework Agreements with regular suppliers, roll up of multiple contracts with same supplier and exploring global purchasing opportunities.
* Provide assistance in facilitating contract strategy workshop sessions.
* Review specifications and Scope of Work for completeness and enables technical functions to translate their requirements into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent.
* Develop, compile and conduct pre-qualification exercises, pre-tender meetings, invitation to tender documentation, tender openings and evaluation of tenders received, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, exceptions and deviations.
* Negotiate contractor/supplier-based terms and conditions.
Experience and Education:
Required procurement capabilities will include (amongst others)
* Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Contracting and Procurement, including indirect and general services procurement around required categories.
* Experience in Category Management and Strategic Sourcing principles and execution
* Supplier management experience
* Demonstrated experience in negotiations
* Proficient in stakeholder management and communications with strong influencing skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.