TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 23 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
- Provide the business with contracting expertise, support and coordination for contracted services activities daily.
- Hierarchically reports to: Contracts Team Lead
- Operationally reports to: Department/Asset Managers, Project Managers
- Key interactions (internally, externally): EPC/Communication/Time Management
- Initiate – Strategy Development and Procurement Plan preparation
- Initiate – Commodity source strategy and implementation
- Source – Identify bidders and develop Invitation to Tender (ITT)
- Select – Prepare contract documentation and negotiate Terms and Conditions
- Award – Post contract administration – amendments/variations
- Manage – Facilitate supplier management
- Commercial and contractual aspects of tendering, negotiating, awarding and managing all contracts and major purchase orders. Interface with Department Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers to develop scopes
- Maintaining effective compliance to BMS in accordance with Company procedures and systems including risk and opportunity sensitivities
- Arranging all project bonds, guarantees and insurances as required
- Provide commercial and contractual advice to Department Managers and Project Management Teams (PMT)
- Liaison with Project Managers and Project Engineers leading to negotiation and execution of all Variation Orders (VO) with contractors
- Highlighting any major commercial or contractual risks or issues to the relevant Managers and work with them to ensure optimum solution
- Project close-out activities – ensuring signature of Acceptance, performance feedbacks and satisfactory monitoring of bonds / warranty etc.
- Assist Contracts Team Lead in identifying and implementing business improvements
- Review and update, on a weekly basis, Procurement Register
- Coordination and delivery of department initiatives as required e.g. systems and procedures, lessons learned (capture and feedback)
- Responsible for tendering, negotiation and administration of allocated Frame Agreements
- Analyse commodity spend information including market analysis and develop sourcing strategies
- Preparation and expediting signature of internal approval documents e.g. Contract Commitment Request
- Ensure adherence of contractor to the contract/project administration procedures
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings as required
- Claims Management
- Assist Project Manager in contractual matters during the project duration
- Assist the Contract Holder with supplier management activity including performance reviews
- Attend Vessel Dry Dockings where requested to manage key supplier variations
- Any other duties required by Contracts Team Lead
Required for position:
- Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behaviour
- Maintain behaviour in compliance with HSES requirements
- Report any unsafe or environmentally unsound acts and conditions to their immediate Supervisor such that remedial action can be taken to manage the risk
Required for future development:
- Reinforce and strengthen the HSES culture at every opportunity in operations and projects
- Promote correct HSES behaviours through personal example
- Take action upon any health, safety, security and environmental matter brought to their notice and report to their Manager on any matter which they are unable to rectify
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline or alternatively have Supply Chain education both formal (CIPS) and informal through circa 5 -10 years’ equivalent experience.
- Awareness of a commercial environment
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes
Nice to have:
- Professional or degree-level qualification in a Quantity Surveying, Business or Legal discipline
- Proven experience in a subcontracts environment
- Previous experience with marine and vessel projects
- Able to communicate with professional and technical personnel at all levels in the organisation
- Able to work within and contribute to a motivated and professional Supply Chain team
- Well organised
- Self-motivated and persistent
- Able to work on own initiative
- Willing to embrace new ideas and foster their adoption within the business
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”
To apply for this job please visit technip.referrals.selectminds.com.