Control and Automation Engineer
Houston – United States
Role and responsibilities:
- Design Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA) Hardware and Software (WinCC and GE Cimplicity)..Advanced SQL database generation and manipulation.
- Specify and develop Remote connectivity of supervisory control system.
- Programing in Ladder logic (LAD), statement list (STL) & function block diagram (FBD).
- Design methodologies of control systems.
- Generate software design documentation (control philosophy, flow charts, pseudo code, etc).
- Design and fully detail power systems (3 phase MCC panels Electrical Schematics and General arrangement drawings).
- Design and preparation of electrical circuit drawings (main control panels, Sub Panels and remote IO enclosures).
- Specify and select equipment in accordance with all project specific requirements and relevant code requirements (panels and associated components, instrumentation, valves motors).
- Knowledge and understanding of design and manufacturing practices.
- Assume direct technical responsibilities for any assigned task and make specific recommendations concerning solution, making use of technical knowledge and training.
- Design and test in hop and field the designed hardware and control system.
- Prepare electrical layout and schematic drawings of any specific idea prior to its being detailed.
- Assist in or conduct problem studies leading to recommendations for modifications to upgrade or improve existing equipment in field or laboratory.
- Prepare part specifications.
- Review and approve electrical drawings and P&ID’s.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Resolve questions concerning non-conforming products include remote support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Degree.
- +3 years experience in electrical engineering, computer science or software development.
- Visual basic programming skills (or any other object orientated programming language).
- Knowledge of Siemens 1200 and 1500 PLC software programming in TIA Portal.
- Knowledge and understanding of Hazardous Areas – ATEX/IECEx & UL/CSA, CE marking requirements.
- Knowledgeable in network security and remote connections.
- Failsafe PLC programming and distributed safety for Fire and Gas system development, preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without experience.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.