Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR
- Identify actions required to avert the possibility of a major incident occurring due to the process or external environment and be able to act on them.
- Identify and respond to plant operating outside normal parameters and carry out the necessary action to correct the abnormality, reporting actions to the Shift Team Leader (STL).
- Identify and report to the STL any plant/equipment malfunction. Implement adjustments as required and as advised.
- The safe, efficient, and effective operation of the installation central control room and its associated equipment, logs, and reports.
- Gather and collect data for the process and utility equipment, identify actions to be taken to minimize equipment and machinery failure/downtime.
- Recover plant from any emergency shutdown and minimize loss of production, whilst adhering to operating procedures.
- Complete pre-start-up/operating checks, ensuring all interdependent systems are available. Complete post start-up/operating checks to ensure normal operating conditions.
- Effective communication of all operations to the shift team for ongoing activities
- Work as lead member of the team who are responsible for the safe operation of the plant.
- Ensure appropriate data is collected, collated and reported in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy in support of production optimization and client quality expectations.
- Take responsibility for, and ownership of 28-Day / 7-day planning & maintenance activities within the discipline and as delegated by the STL.
- Work with discipline Techs to provide effective and efficient plant preparation and re-instatement following maintenance and to ensure only one outage will be required encompassing all planned activities for the period.
- Ensure all documentation, daily logs, daily reports and trip handovers are to a high standard and accurate.
- ICP Focal point as tasked by the STL. Make sure verification testing is organized such that the resource and permitry is available at the agreed time.
- S/D & Projects Focal point for Operations Area as tasked by STL.
- In conjunction with other Operations personnel review any proposed modifications / work packs prior to implementation and feedback as appropriate.
- Actively support and liaise with all residential / non-residential contractors / vendors acting as central point of contact, ensuring work carried out by 3rd party personnel conforms to statutory regulations and company standards.
- Completion of Competence Management System for role in timely manner.
- Understand and comply with the installations safety case, statutory requirements, and safe systems of work.
- Ensure contractors and vendors comply with Petrofac safe systems of work and current legislation.
- Perform in an emergency role as defined by the Company Emergency Response Procedure Manual and Station Bill.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Recognized Operations / Production Apprenticeship or Training Scheme.
- Experience in Hydrocarbon Operations support activities, preferably with experience of multi-skilling.
- OND / ONC/ City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 – Production Operations.
- ISSOW (Proscient Or similar system) training to level 2.
- Systems literate – experience of computerized management systems e.g., Maximo, Spreadsheets, etc.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to share information / knowledge with other personnel.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.