Control Room Operator | 3-Month Contract (Extension Likely) | Montrose, Scotland | Rotational
Please note this role is ROTATIONAL – 12.5 hour days with a mix of days and night shifts, 7 days on, 2 weeks off. Negotiable to 1 week on, 1 week off or 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.
Are you ready to be part of something big? We’re seeking an experienced Control Room Operator to help us harness the power of the wind and contribute to a sustainable future.
As a Control Room Operator, you’ll play a pivotal role in the control and operation of a cutting-edge 1075MW offshore wind farm. You’ll be the linchpin for safe and efficient wind turbine maintenance, remote alarm response, personnel coordination, and emergency management.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- The Monitoring and Controlling of the Wind Farm: Ensuring seamless wind farm operation and safety, adhering to policies and procedures, responding to alarms and coordinating offshore activities, including personnel and vessel transfers.
- Setting People to Work: Optimising wind farm availability by liaising with staff and contractors.
- Safety Rules Duties: Performing operational controller duties, ensuring safe release and return of wind turbine apparatus, and switching/controlling high voltage systems within safety guidelines.
- Marine Coordination: Coordinating vessel and transport movements in the offshore wind farm.
- Technical Support: Investigating technical incidents, notifying responsible parties, and providing timely energy trading forecasts.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Experience in WTSR, Operational Safety Rules, and can perform various authorised roles
- Experience in a control room environment with electrical focus;
- Experience with electrical system operations
- Working Knowledge of protection systems;
- Knowledge of HV safety rules, ideally with or working towards AP status;
- Experiences in use of SCADA, Network Control Systems, Trading Systems and Maintenance Management Systems.
- Some experience of working with vessels and marine control (advantageous but training will be given).
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please apply!
To apply for this job please visit www.spencer-ogden.com.