We are one of the world’s leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here, we, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we’re bringing energy to life.
Company : company Logistics & Services
Job Title : Coordinator, Opt. (Dry Bulk & Contn.)
Render vessel operations administrative support to the assigned department in various matters related to documentation, contracts administration, data gathering, periodic reporting and internal & external coordination with concerned parties.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
- Creates, updates and maintains an electronic Document Management Structure in a systematic manner for Owned and chartered in Vessels data including Cargo loaded quantity and grades ,Voyages details, Vetting results, Departments studies ,Reports, Audits finding and closing, Logs, records. Co-ordinate with Information Technology Department for further enhancement, with emphasis on monthly routine ships data records and department planners update.
- Assists Operations superintendents Team in the compiling with Charter Parties, Voyage orders requirement such as agency appointments, Bunker requests, DANAOS/Diabos data upload, reports download and follows up with the respective inter-division coordinators.
- Maintains the common network drive updated with all relevant files and folders from the vessels.
- Provides a central point of collecting routine contracts invoices and initiating data entry within ERP system.
- Carries out the collection, archiving, and typing of all reports and correspondence of the Department and ensures their accuracy and comparison completed in shared folders.
- Controls the Department’s central filing system which includes KPI records, presentations.
- Coordinates with Human Resources/Training Coordinator on all issues related to the department employees, Duty Travels / resumption, attendance and training program and maintain the up to date records.
- Compiles & edits Departments periodical management reports, which includes Departmental Objectives, Business Plan, Quality Progress, and Integrity Assessment Reports.
- Archives project, inspection records in accordance with Document Retention Procedures.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and company Code of Practices
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with line Manager/ peers and other employees within the company/Group as required
External Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with external parties including consultants, third party service providers, and government agencies as required
HND Certificate or bachelor degree in science.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
Minimum 4 years of experience
Job Family / Sub Family: Operations/Marine Operations