Corporate Entity Specialist
Bucharest – Romania
We are offering exciting opportunities for lawyers qualified in England and Wales, Norway, France, Spain, Italy, Romania, Germany to join our Europe and Africa Legal Support Centre in Bucharest, Romania as a Corporate Entity Management Specialist.
Our Legal Support Centre in Bucharest, Romania (“LSC”) comprises 27 bright and commercially aware legal professionals from 10 different nationalities who provide legal, contractual and corporate support to our business in Europe and Africa.
We are looking for corporate lawyers qualified in England and Wales, Norway, France, Spain, Italy, Romania, Germany to join the LSC, who we can train and develop to be resourceful and well-rounded professionals for a long-term career within our company.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Liaise with the Legal Manager on key legal developments in the territory of responsibility, including countries of operation where one or more Product Lines or subsidiaries are incorporated, or branches established. Coordinate with Legal department stakeholders and the CE Manager if developments require action by the company.
- Understand the corporate structure rationale and ensure that it is followed.
- Provide corporate advisory support to the Business Lines and GeoUnits, ensuring compliance with global policies, standards and best practices relating to CEM.
- Oversee proper usage of CEM platforms and consistency in recording methods across the territory of responsibility.
- Help the CE Manager coordinate corporate restructuring projects; communicate and coordinate with the Legal Manager to ensure required documents are filed appropriately with local authorities.
- Liaise with the Legal Manager to remain up to date on corporate information and changes in legal entities and branches within the territory of responsibility.
- Keep director and officer appointments up to date for the legal entities and branches; make database entries and file changes locally where required. Prepares shareholder and board resolutions, circulate for signature, and keep up to date.
- Degree in Law
- Professional secretarial or corporate qualification would be an advantage
- NQ – 3 years PQE
Skills Required :
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels within the organization and across borders
- An ability to work both on own initiative and within a team in an open-plan and dynamic environment
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with the ability to pro-actively organize and prioritize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities
- Proficiency in English, fluency in another language is a strong plus
- Technologically literate and comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of corporate concepts
- Acumen for detail, highly organized, systematic with discretion in handling confidential information
- Able to work independently with some supervision. Mature and able to work under pressure
- Experience of working within an in-house legal team or in private practice whilst preferred, is not essential
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.