Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. Shell is one of the most diversified international energy company in India with over 9500 employees and presence across upstream, integrated gas, downstream, renewable energy, and deep capabilities in R&D, digitalization, and business operations. With a retail presence across six states – Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Assam Shell is expanding its network of fuel stations across the country. It has the entire Lubricants end-to-end value chain in India, from conceptualization and development to production and distribution. Serving 50000 consumers through a robust network of 200+ distributors across B2C and B2B lines of Sales. This includes a world class lubricant oil blending plant that manages a large supply chain through a network of 4 Regional Distribution Centers and 8 warehouses. The company also fully owns and operates an LNG re-gasification terminal at Hazira. With a focus on digitization and future ready sustainable solutions, the company is nurturing a vibrant ecosystem in India to accelerate energy innovations with Shell E4 for start-ups, Shell Eco-marathon and investments in new energy companies like Husk Power, d.light, Orb Energy and Cleantech Solar. Shell also remains committed to making positive contributions to the communities in which it operates through programmes like NXplorers, Access to Energy and Road Safety across India. Follow @shell_India@makethefuture@shell_ecomar to know how it is redefining the energy space.
Where you fit in:
The CR Advisor Carbon will report to CR Manager Climate & Carbon for Shell in India. This is a key role working closely with and in support of the Corporate Relations LT in India as well as working closely with other internal and external stakeholders. The CR Advisor Carbon is expected to support CR deliver Shell India’s business objectives directly related to carbon.
What’s the role:
This role is a key part of our Corporate Relations team, offering deep expertise and delivering high quality stakeholder engagement; resulting in delivery of the goals directly related to carbon.
- Develop and update Government stakeholder mapping and chart out an engagement strategy with regard to long term decarbonization including advocacy support for CCUS, NBS;
- Help run stakeholder engagement plans including coalitions (ECMAAS etc.) and campaigns;
- Play a focal role for activities under energy initiative between NITI Aayog – Netherlands Embassy – Statement of Intent (SOI);
- Draw and execute workplans under Near Zero Industry Coalition, India sketch, ETP Step 4;
- Ensure government support for bilateral / multi-lateral pilots;
- New business CR support to BOM (aided by eg SP advisor for specialist skills) for projects;
- Develop and maintain strong up-to-date content and materials for external and internal use;
- Ensure actions in accordance with Country Reputation Plan and agreed Dashboard.
- Ministries of Environment & Forest and Climate Change; Petroleum Ministry, Administrative ministries like Steel, heavy industries and chemicals, statutory bodies/regulators under various ministries, NITI Aayog, Finance Ministry etc;
- Relevant associations with relevant government and non government organization including Embassies and Consulates.
Dimensions: India has shown significant commitment towards meeting its Paris agreement goals. India’s position on climate action is proving crucial for achieving the global climate ambition. This role will be expected to work and collaborate with internal (including SP, PA) and external stakeholders to deliver policy and advocacy agenda related to CCUS, NBS, ECMAAS and also policy and advocacy agenda directly related to carbon.
What we need from you?
- Business/Commercial post-graduate degree with 10+ years of experience in the energy/allied sector;
- Good commercial acumen;
- Capacity to understand and work through the complexity of multiple industries (cement, steel, aviation etc.) and changing external regulatory environment;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage strong external network;
- Experience of having worked with wide range of internal and external stakeholders being, Ministries, govt entities, think tanks, industry associations, embassies
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.