Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. Shell is one of the most diversified international energy company in India with over 9500 employees and presence across upstream, integrated gas, downstream, renewable energy, and deep capabilities in R&D, digitalization, and business operations. With a retail presence across six states – Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Assam Shell is expanding its network of fuel stations across the country. It has the entire Lubricants end-to-end value chain in India, from conceptualization and development to production and distribution. Serving 50000 consumers through a robust network of 200+ distributors across B2C and B2B lines of Sales. This includes a world class lubricant oil blending plant that manages a large supply chain through a network of 4 Regional Distribution Centers and 8 warehouses. The company also fully owns and operates an LNG re-gasification terminal at Hazira. With a focus on digitization and future ready sustainable solutions, the company is nurturing a vibrant ecosystem in India to accelerate energy innovations with Shell E4 for start-ups, Shell Eco-marathon and investments in new energy companies like Husk Power, d.light, Orb Energy and Cleantech Solar. Shell also remains committed to making positive contributions to the communities in which it operates through programmes like NXplorers, Access to Energy and Road Safety across India. Follow @shell_India@makethefuture@shell_ecomar to know how it is redefining the energy space.
Where you fit in
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
As Corporate Relations Advisor, you will report to the Manager Gas, RES (Renewables and Energy Solutions), and Policy, with thorough knowledge of energy industry and energy transition agenda in India. You are expected to provide appropriate advice to optimize opportunities and mitigate risks to support Shell’s strategic ambitions in India.
What’s the role?
In this role, you are responsible in supporting the delivery of integrated CR solutions, creating, and protecting value, pursuing Shell’s strategic business ambitions, growing Shell’s reputation in India. You will be a trusted advisor to external and internal stakeholders and have an influential role to optimize opportunities, manage risks and enhance Shell’s societal license to operate in the energy sector in India.
You will also maintain extensive and deep stakeholder network across government, industry, media, think tanks, influencers (traditional and digital).
Furthermore, you are expected to support the CR Manager for the following:
- Ensure social, reputational and political opportunities and risks related to Shell’s strategic ambitions are assessed at an early stage and appropriate plans put in place.
- Advise and deliver relevant P&A (Policy & Advocacy) priorities including for Mobility, Climate & Carbon, Gas market, Power Sector, Renewables & Energy Solutions (RES), Upstream and Chemicals reforms.
- Focus on relevant policy positions for Shell in India’s business strategies and aspirations (also aligned with global Policy & Advocacy (P&A) positions as appropriate).
- Co-own the policy advocacy efforts including shaping Shell’s response and messaging in India (e.g. policy brief development for external stakeholder engagement, etc) on cross-cutting advocacy issues that are coordinated and aligned with Country Chair, Businesses and sectoral CR managers.
- Drive P&A operational excellence and continuous improvement in India.
- Develop P&A skills and talent pool within the broader India CR & PA network.
- Ensure country leadership and Global P&A teams and other relevant regional/global stakeholders are fully briefed on P&A issues relevant to Shell India, to inform business decision making, ensure alignment of advocacy position and strategy, manage new and ongoing regulatory compliance needs and ensure appropriate resources are committed to advocacy implementation.
- Champion Safety, Ethics and Compliance.
What we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from individuals with a Master’s degree in any discipline and with at least 8 years of experience in the corporate and energy sector.
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Demonstrated experience in complex stakeholder management at various levels of government, industry, media, think-tanks in India.
- Ability to lead by example with a deep personal commitment to always do the right thing.
- Significant experience in shaping advocacy initiatives in India.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant energy or industry policymaking process, media/non-government agenda and thought leadership platforms that can impact Shell’s aspiration in India.
- Excellent communication, oral and written presentation skills.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We are creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there. We are striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
As an equal opportunity employer, combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations – we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.