One of our clients in the oil and gas industry is seeking a Cost Controller to work within their facilities in St John’s, NL, on a multi-year contract.
- Ensure that the Budget is properly utilized for Work; Drive the Budget Change (i.e. Change Management) procedure to attain approval/funding for Work not included in the Control Budget.
- Maintain cost stewardship files and registers to manage/track/report Control Budget utilization/transfers by WBS Cost Code (e.g. Allowance accounts).
- Report on variances to the Control Budget. Execute contractor commitments with the prescribed Control Budget.
- Identify Trends impacting the Budget by analyzing cost information (reports and KPIs) and interfacing with the Project Management Team and contractors.
- Develop Forecast at Completion based on approved budget changes and Trends.
- Flag early signs of cost risk (e.g. Watchlists). Log Trends and Watchlists in the appropriate register; support team discussions for edits/additions.
- Develop cost profiles in alignment with the Schedule. Provide periodic Time-Phased Budgets to Finance; report on variances to this Cost Baseline.
- Interface and establish a relationship with contractor cost control team; work with contractor cost controller(s) to establish accurate and efficient project reporting and KPI’s.
- Review and analyze contractor cost reports to assess performance and forecast impacts; ensure contract cost reporting requirements are met. Evaluate proposed change orders; analyze/challenge legitimacy and accuracy of proposed cost impacts. Raise Purchase Requisitions and manage POs.
- Assess incurred costs for various contract types considering money expended, the value of work done, earned value, rules of credit, progress between milestones, etc. Develop accruals for issuance to Finance.
- Steward Budget and Forecast in Base Currency; Convert to CAD Equivalent at Project FX Rates. Monitor FX impacts to support required Budget Changes (re. FX Allowance).
- Publish monthly Cost Reports based on prescribed templates (re. Approved Changes, Current Budget, Committed / Incurred / Expended costs, Trends, Forecast at Completion, Cost Curve – Profile vs. Baseline, Variance Analysis, KPIs, etc.).
- Drive the Cost Control function utilizing the defined WWRP Cost Control Procedure, Work Instructions, and systems (i.e. SAP, CMS, MS Excel).
- Support the Change Management Procedure in consultation with the Change Management Coordinator.
- Support estimating exercises in consultation with the Estimating Team (e.g. rebaseline estimates; Small Estimate Form (SEF) Procedure).
- Support Program Cost Control. Coordinate with the Cost Control Manager in supporting internal/external requirements/requests from various stakeholders (e.g. senior leadership, partners, Finance, SCM, etc.).
- Deliverable examples include the Program Cost Report, Annual Budget / Long Range Plan updates, AFE Supplements, SCM Contract Reports, materials for ad-hoc presentations/reviews with senior leadership and partners, etc.
- Attend meetings with the Project Management Team, contractors, senior leadership, and partners to support discussions related to the responsibilities above; Drive presentations as needed.
- Invoice attest
- Presentation of material as required.
- Review of engineering/construction/fabrication schedules.
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution (Engineering; Business; P. Tech.).
- 1 to 5 years of relevant Cost Control experience in a project environment.
- Analytical, critical, and logical.
- Ability to multitask.
Schedule: Mon-Friday (5/40)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.