On behalf of our Mining Operator client, NES Fircroft are recruiting an experienced Cost Controller to join their team based in Pinjarra. This role is part of an integrated Project team in charge of successfully delivering the Large Capital Project Program.
Reporting to the Global Project Controls Manager, the Cost Controller will be responsible for maintaining, controlling and reporting project expenditure, cost forecast, and schedules of site work activities of major projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain accurate records of committed, expended and forecast costs associated with the project against the approved budget.
- Monitor cost trends and early identification of deviations
- Review and validation of invoices, progress claims and variations from Contractors submitted for payment.
- Overview scope changes, trends and change notices initiated from the project management systems and review their time and cost implications, including those initiated by the Implementation Contractor.
- Review and audit the Contractor’s reports in detail to ensure they are accurate, concise and informative on progress / costs to date and forecasts through to completion.
- Review specifications, tender submissions, tender analysis, post tender correspondence and recommendations generated for the project.
- Closely monitor the progress of engineering to ensure deliverables, productivity, expended hours, forecasts to go and resources employed, are accurately and realistically stated, including those presented by the Contractor.
- Monitor and review the project schedule to verify the reported status and progress, as well as forecast time to complete activities associated with the project.
- Provide recommendations on the re-forecasting of escalation and contingency throughout the project duration.
- Prepare cost and schedule performance reports, change alert and variation registers, variance reports etc. – ensure cost change variations are recorded and processed.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts of forthcoming financial commitments.
- Prepare cost and progress curves for the project.
- Be involved with the development of the procurement strategy to be adopted for the project.
- Provide input to a definitive estimate of the total project cost if required
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.