At Eni, we are looking for a COST CONTROLLER – SAP within Eni Mexico in Mexico City. You will be responsible for providing project management with accurate and timely project cost reports, verifying cost performance against plan, and identifying areas of potential budget overrun requiring corrective action. Timely and accurate execution of cost controls.
About Eni Mexico
We have been working in Mexico since 2006 and our wholly owned subsidiary, Eni Mexico S de RL de CV, was founded there in 2015. Eni Mexico is developing the Amoca, Miztón and Tecoalli discoveries in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico. In 2015, we acquired Area 1, located 200 kilometres west of Ciudad del Carmen and at a depth of 33 metres, and in July 2019 we began production. An estimated 2.1 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) are in place (90% oil) in the Amoca, Miztón and Tecoalli fields.
Full field production will commence in early 2021 with the installation of a floating production, storage and offloading facility (FPSO). The Area will reach a daily plateau of 100,000 boe. We will also construct and install two additional platforms on the Amoca field and one on the Tecoalli field. As one of the first overseas energy companies to begin successful exploration and operations in Mexico, joining us means you could develop your career with a company applying deep knowledge, expertise and technological innovation to everything we do.
As a member of the Development department at Eni Mexico, you will be responsible for:
Cost Control activities:
- Knowledgably preparing Budget and Cost Control Procedure.
- Project accounting data feeding into company systems.
- Verifying work progress status updating cost documentation and allocating costs to the right cost elements.
- Assuring cost control for both contracts and internal costs.
- Performing earned value analysis and Value of Work Done calculation to the Projects.
- Carrying out cost risk analysis and supporting management of reserve utilization (contingency).
- Assuring project budget development and updating.
- Perform yearly forecast and business/strategic plans as per Company calendars.
- Providing services including assistance during contract preparation, bid evaluation, contract administration and verification of contractual payments.
- Maintaining close liaison with contractor personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential areas of concern.
- Assuring/developing and maintaining all cost reports feeding in cost reporting systems (supported by software tools).
- To Check Contractor’s progress reports.
- To participate to progress/cost and ad hoc project meetings keeping informed the Project team.
- Prepare ad hoc yard reports and presentations.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Engineering degree
- Experience in Project Controls in a major oil and gas company. (offshore and onshore)
- Extensive experience of working and supervising contractors.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Development Cost estimates preparation, Work Program & Budget, Project Planning, Risk analysis, Close-Out Report Preparation, Project Management methodologies and techniques, Procurement strategy and Contract Administration.
- Good degree of computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Point).
- Good Experience in SAP.
- Good abilities to read, understand, interpret and write reports and documentation.
- Experience of working in multi-national environment, high ability to work effectively with people from multiple cultures and backgrounds.
Mexico City, Mexico.
Residential. Local (non-expatriate) 12 months Fixed Term Contract (extendable)
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning. Learn more:
- Training & Development
- Rewards, Benefits and Welfare
- Our Mission
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Together we have greater energy.
To apply for this job please visit enirecruit.taleo.net.