ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
Roles & Responsibilites
The Fixed Equipment Craft Logistics Specialist is part of the Maintenance Execution Team supporting equipment reliability and availability to meet production requirements for gas, oil, and water gathering systems in North Dakota. Working in a team environment, it carries responsibilities for implementing reliability best practices, developing maintenance tasks and repair scopes, drives maintenance execution, stewards the maintenance work management system, and oversees all fixed equipment maintenance activities for the asset conducted by both Hess and contract workforce. This role interacts closely with Maintenance, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, and EHS functions in support of equipment maintenance planning, scheduling, coordination, execution, and continuous improvement.
The primary areas of focus for this role include:
- Oversees equipment troubleshooting; and predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance performed by both Hess and contractor personnel
- Stewards work management practices including maintenance execution, planning, scheduling, management of spare parts and bills of material, and ensures all closure / reliability data is promptly input for each job
- Leads and directs craft personnel by scheduling assignments, monitoring progress, providing direction, guidance, and coaching. Ensures assignments are completed safely, timely, and with quality
- Ensures work center capacity is maintained in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and participates in daily and weekly maintenance work schedule development
- Coordinates maintenance work with other Craft Logistics Specialists, Area Logistics Specialists and Operations Process Specialists to provide continuity of maintenance and optimization of equipment down time.
- Ensures team is equipped with proper tools, instruments, workspace, and other necessary implements to perform all work safely and with quality
- Responds to breakdown, emergencies or abnormal operating conditions to expedite repairs; works closely with engineering to solve issues real-time
- Ensures workforce has the required information & specifications to complete work with a high degree of quality and precision
- Works with operations and maintenance leadership with developing the annual budget and monthly forecast
- Accountable for cost tracking and performance against budget and forecast; responsible for driving tool time efficiencies
- Accountable for contractor performance against contract terms
- Provides assistance in the field during facility startups, shutdowns, or upsets
- Monitors and tracks staffing conditions, work hours and overtime, job rotation, and absenteeism
- Accountable for maintenance activities outside normal working hours including safety, cost, and productivity
- Works closely with engineering teams to drive asset reliability improvement, identification of current or future reliability bad actors, optimization of preventative and predictive maintenance plans, and overall technical oversight of equipment
- Collaborates with maintenance specialists, condition monitoring, reliability engineering, planning, and leadership to ensure proper priorities are placed on deficiencies and continuous learning/improvement process is fostered
- Collaborates with operations personnel to assist in troubleshooting, identification of gaps in operating practices which impact equipment reliability, improve maintenance effectiveness, and commissioning support
- Provides feedback to maintenance planning, operations, scheduling, and supply chain to ensure continuous improvement of maintenance planning, scheduling, and execution processes and procedures
- Lead standardized work development; continuously seek to make standardized work more efficient and safer while ensuring work quality
- Lead structured problem solving using 5-Whys
- Supports operations and maintenance leadership with developing / maintaining key maintenance KPIs
- Develop robust improvement culture through direction setting and empowering team members to look for ways to make their jobs easier
- Works with Competency Assurance and Training (CAT) to update training matrices, schedule needed training, and assure training is effective and corrects sub-standard performance.
- Assigns tasks and training considering each technicians development and career goals
- Develops mentor/coach relationships to ensure development of embedded craft personnel and contractor support
- Participates in the development of troubleshooting, repair, and inspection instructions for I&E equipment
- Provides direction to team members emphasizing quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, environment/health/safety, and morale.
- Develops and maintains positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
- Able to build and maintain a positive and safety-based team culture
- Able to coach/mentor/develop team members including ability to respectfully hold personnel accountable for their daily duties and resolve conflict as it arises
- Able to influence without authority across organizational boundaries
- Able to lead change with various stakeholders
- Able to set direction and lead a team to deliver results
- Able to drive daily process improvement to address gaps identified through observation of work performance, work planning / scheduling feedback, and various team operating rhythm meetings
- Able to build trusted partnerships with peers & strategic partners to allow for best practice sharing & strong teamwork
- Able to teach individual contributors in fundamental skills and facilitate job instruction training
- Field based role (Tioga) 5/2 (9/80) work schedule. Expectations for this role include a heavy field presence to ensure jobs are being performed safely and the workforce is trained properly
- 8+ years of I&E maintenance experience in refining, petrochemical, oil and gas industry experience or equivalent industry related experience such as energy, military maintenance, mining or other heavy manufacturing.
- 2+ years of leadership experience as formal people leader in production environment preferred
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards (IEEE, ISA, NFPA, NEC, API)
- Troubleshooting and repair of repair of electrical, instrumentation, and controls equipment such as motors, PLCs, motor control centers, generators, and process instrumentation (transmitters, valves, controllers, etc.).
- Failure analysis
- RCM based Predictive and Preventive Maintenance strategies
- Strong knowledge of work management system, corrective/preventative maintenance planning, and equipment master data utilization
- Strong knowledge of applicable EHS procedures/practices such as Permit to Work, Energy Isolation, Respiratory Protection, PPE, Emergency Response
- Proficient computer skills / business system knowledge (SAP, Microsoft Suite)
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in fast-paced, constantly changing production environment
- Must be available outside normal working hours for technical support if needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Master electrician licensure preferred
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity in all forms of expression and thought.
Hess is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Hess is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, click here or send an email to MyHR@Hess.com.
Posting Notes: Hina Patel | Employee | Field/Plant Operations | United States| North Dakota | Tioga | | | | | No | 27033
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.