As a Craftsman (E/I) at PAW, you will be an intrinsic part of a multi-disciplined team working on Thermal oil extraction related projects. Playing a key role within our maintenance team, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing problems related to thermal and heavy oil process equipment. The position is geared towards those that are self-starters and team players and are eager to be part of an exciting future. This role has significant accountability for the operations and maintenance of the facilities.
- Completing and gathering work orders as assigned by the maintenance leaders
- Participation in PM development and reviews as well as reviewing spare parts and BOM’s
- Troubleshooting and repairing process equipment, identify improvements and cost reduction ideas
- Ensure all equipment is maintained, calibrated, and documented per regulatory requirements in assigned areas
- Inspect and test the operation of instruments and systems, diagnosing faults using pneumatic, electrical, and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Provide troubleshooting and problem solving with specific attention to safety, quality and plant production
- Actively support Operational Excellence and Asset Management & Reliability programs
- Must be available to work overtime and callouts as required
- May perform other related duties as assigned. Be able to work with all other Trades. Be willing to take lead and manage Contractors on Projects and Turnarounds
- Knowledge in Honeywell Experion/DeltaV would be considered an asset
- Job location: Bonnyville, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation to Bonnyville or Cold Lake area
- Shift schedule: 8×6 – 8 days on, 6 days off with rotation starting on Wednesday
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically, 5+ years Oil & Gas experience in a heavy industrial setting
- Journeyman Electrician/Instrument Certificate is required
- Strong computer skills
- Proof and maintenance of a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, or equivalent it required
- Willingness to work towards dual ticket
- Familiar with and have a solid understanding of:
- Predictive, preventative and corrective regular maintenance on all instrumentation and controls equipment
- Strong knowledge of preventative maintenance for industrial operations
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Maximo CMMS system
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural’ – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is September 22, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.