As an Electrical Craftsman you will join a multi-disciplined maintenance team supporting Jackfish SAGD operations. Playing a key role within our group, you will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing problems related to thermal and heavy oil process equipment. Proven analytical and problem solving skills allow you to consider the details and complexities of issues, while still driving results. You are highly motivated; self-managed, and get things done right the first time. Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills are critical to this position. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and will be able to demonstrate the ability to coordinate their tasks and activities.
In this role, you will have significant accountability for the operation and maintenance of facilities.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and optimize electrical systems and controls
- Perform diagnostics and repair of various systems, such as SCADA, VFD, ESP, protection relay and heat tracing. Maintain MCC’s, transformers and power distribution equipment associated with 120/208, 600, & 4160V systems
- Provide hands-on support for automation systems and associated end devices
- Use technical skills and trade knowledge to support Jackfish Operations and associated work teams
- Maintain, test / verify, and manage documentation for equipment in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Update / create PM’s, procedures, P&ID’s, data sheets, and electrical drawings
- Assist with CM / TA / Project scope planning
- Maintain tools, PCs, vehicle, and other test equipment in a secure and usable manner
- Provide leadership & mentorship to contractor support personnel
- Job location: Lac La Biche Alberta
- Shift Schedule: 8×6, rotation starting on Thursday
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’ relocation policy
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan, and benefits
- This is a safety sensitive position
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Oil and Gas or heavy industry experience in the electrical discipline
- Electrician Certificate of Qualification with interprovincial accreditation (Red Seal)
- Proven commitment to safety of self and others in the workplace
- Strong computer skills – working knowledge of Word, Excel, Maximo or SAP
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License or equivalent
- A strong understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Willingness to attain additional Certificate of Qualification in instrumentation
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- ABB 800XA DCS
- SAGD operations
- MCC’s, transformers and power distribution equipment associated with 120/208, 600, and 4160V systems
- Regulatory requirements and governing standards relating to the trade (HSE, ISA, & CSA)
- Certification or current apprenticeship in the instrumentation trade considered an asset
Why Canadian Natural?
Canadian Natural is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment
Canadian Natural Resources Limited is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application Deadline is May 23, 2023. Apply Now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment