We are currently looking for an experiences team manager to join our Finance Credit Team.
Your team will be responsible for managing credit and AR for our Customers in one of the Operational Units. The Team Manager role has dual responsibility as people leader and finance/business leader. As people leader supervises team and its operational deliverables, supports employee’s development, builds engagement and fosters collaboration across teams. As business leader ensures operational delivery according to standards and effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The position entails providing direct supervision to the team of up to 10 specialists, organizing and coordinating workload and acting as a point of contact for any escalated issues as needed. The Team Manager is responsible for reporting and analyzing team performance and address operational issues to ensure that all metrics and processes are achieved. The role is also responsible in managing various personnel functions including but not limited to team resourcing, training, performance appraisals and manage under-performance if there is any. The Team Manager should also be able to identify process improvements or control gaps and resolutions. Participation in major change programs such as implementation and process standardization are also required.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for engaging and managing effective relationships with key stakeholders within Finance Operations, Finance in the Business, OTC and Sales, to ensure that alignment of objectives takes place, delivery of functional plan is achieved, and targets are met. The role will also be responsible for engaging and managing relationships with external Shell customers, to ensure that a balance of risk and reward is maintained and communicated.
• Management of customer assessment, establishment of appropriate risk ratings and credit limits through financial and supply chain analysis, along with a recommendation of credit terms.
• Execution of the appropriate risk mitigating actions identified, such as the negotiation and management of security necessary to support higher risk exposures, and recommendations on accounts receivable bad debt provisions.
• The analysis of the overall credit exposure and re-assessment of credit worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers and timelines.
• Ensuring business continuity by proactively and reactively managing and acting on blocked orders, and consequently dealing with risk implications associated with exposures beyond current approved credit limits.
• Ensuring that cash application is completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with procedures and the SLA is met.
• Efficient and effective management of the accounts receivable by managing collection activities, minimizing overdue debts and negotiate and approve refinancing of overdue debts.
• Ensuring that bad debt portfolio is managed according to legal and fiscal requirements, provisions are calculated according to IFRS/ WI and country specific agreements.
• Identify possible improvement opportunities towards a more effective/efficient end-to-end process.
• Other relevant activities/tasks assigned by the line manager.
• Possess ability to effectively prioritize multiple work issues/demands and deliver expected results.
• Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with key stakeholders.
• Adapting to change/demonstrating flexibility whilst delivering status quo requirements of run and maintain operations.
• Promote work life balance by effectively distributing the workload within the team.
• Preferably 5 yrs+ of Finance /Credit / AR experience with demonstrated 2 yrs+ strong leadership and supervisory skills.
• Excellent influencing, communication and business partnering skills at varying levels within the organization.
• Ability / flexibility to deal with continuous change and taking the team along.
• Ability to drive results and sustainable past performance.
• Self-motivated with strong leadership skills.
• Strong change management skills and ability to influence team to drive/execute change agenda.
• Good problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and inquisitive mindset.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Turkish language would be an asset
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.