ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
At Hess, people are our most valuable asset and we view our Life @ Hess culture as a competitive advantage. To sustain this advantage and strengthen our HR team, we are looking for a talented Senior Specialist Culture and Leadership that will report to the Senior Manager, Organization Development and Effectiveness. This strategic, organized, and emotionally intelligent professional will be an integral member of our HR Talent and Organization Effectiveness team. They will collaborate across the enterprise to promote a culture that enables our employees to make a significant impact in our efforts to be the world’s most trusted energy partner. Additionally, the successful candidate will partner with the Senior Manager to develop solutions to advance the talent and leadership agenda for the organization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with leaders, teams, and HR colleagues to provide consulting and on-going support for business needs by developing strategies for employee engagement, team development, and culture initiatives
- Facilitate learning sessions for organization effectiveness, leadership development, team dynamics, and change management initiatives
- Serve as an ambassador for our Life @ Hess culture by collaborating with internal stakeholders and using data-driven diagnostic tools and processes to develop solutions that continuously improve our cultural effectiveness
- Drive and support change management and organization development initiatives to accelerate mindset and behavior shifts that enable high performance and continuous learning
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify, design, deliver and evaluate leadership and professional development solutions
- Evaluate and research current and emerging best practices, technologies, and vendors to identify opportunities that address our evolving talent needs
- Partner with key stakeholders across the enterprise, eliciting trust, confidence, and promoting inclusion
- Lead through example by demonstrating a high level of integrity, providing direct and timely feedback, and facilitating open, candid communication
- Participate in and lead special projects including those related to advancing our inclusion, diversity, and equity strategy
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive HR experience, with direct responsibility for managing cultural initiatives and organizational effectiveness programs
- Strong relationship management skills, including influencing, consultative, and team building skills
- Ability to engage, build rapport, partner with, and influence senior leaders to solve challenges
- Experience in delivering a blended learning environment with an ability to facilitate learning programs and develop content as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of personality and leadership styles and appropriate communications, group dynamics, engagement techniques and successful team building
- Experience in program and project management around multiple, concurrent projects with strong change management capability
- Experience with implementing and/or enhancing mentoring programs and employee development programs
- Demonstrated results achieved by being a problem solver and thought partner to address business challenges
- Possess a collaborative mindset and demonstrate empathy, self-awareness, and intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, high volume environment
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology or closely related degree or relevant experience; advanced degree a plus
- Experience with or certification in personality assessments such as Insights, MBTI, Birkman, Hogan a plus or willingness to attain certifications to support requirements
Leading at Hess refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
At Hess we welcome diversity in all forms of expression and thought.
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Human Resources | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25611
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.