At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices in India in Bengaluru, Mumbai and the National Capital Region.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India supporting the Product Solutions business engage in the marketing, sales and distribution of performance as well as specialty products across chemicals and lubricants businesses. The India planning teams are also embedded with global business units for business planning and analytics.
ExxonMobil’s LNG affiliate in India supporting the upstream business provides consultant services for other ExxonMobil upstream affiliates and conducts LNG market-development activities.
The Global Business Center – Technology Center provides a range of technical and business support services for ExxonMobil’s operations around the globe.
ExxonMobil strives to make a positive contribution to the communities where we operate and its affiliates support a range of education, health and community-building programs in India. Read more about our Corporate Responsibility Framework.
To know more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and the Energy Factor India.
What role you will play in our team
Customer Technical Support advisor, Base Stocks.
Provides technical guidance to base stocks customers, sales & marketing organizations to enable value-centric deployment of base stocks offer. Works closely with regional technical, sales, product management and marketing organizations to represent customer needs, and with customers & additive partners to deploy new products, applications and initiatives.
What you will do
Primary Job Functions
- Provide technical support and maintain technical relationships with existing and prospective base stock customers with the objective to support business development
- Work with lubricant additive companies to obtain optimal formulations with ExxonMobil base stock products
- Provide technical support including training to ExxonMobil’s sales and marketing teams to maximize the value of ExxonMobil’s product offer.
- Identify technical trends and translate customer/market needs to drive further product enhancement and new product development opportunities.
- Support product representation, performance and regulatory compliance
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or an equivalent subject
- Relevant professional experience, for example with an additive company or in a base stocks and / or lubricants technical advisory capacity (ten years+ as a guide).
- Candidates with less than ten years’ experience, but who have a high degree of relevant industry experience will also be considered
- Working effectively with colleagues and customers in multiple countries
- Possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
- Highly mobile and willing to travel for business.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in developing finished lubricants formulations or providing technical support to base stock customer
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, business partners and industry participants to enable solutions
- Ability to effectively relate customer and business needs and advocate for optimal solutions
- Broad expertise in base stocks applications
- Basic understanding of base stocks process and product technology
- Expertise with product differentiation and value extraction
- Solid understanding of own and competitive product offer
- Understanding of brand and product integrity concepts
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
Annual vacations & holidays
Day care assistance program
Training and development program
Tuition assistance program
Workplace flexibility policy
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
Stay connected with us
Learn more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and Energy Factor India.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram
Like us on Facebook
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.