- Vacancy information
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Project Manager has overall responsibility for the management of the commercial tenders and projects. In a safe, cost effective and professional manner, the Project Manager is responsible for delivering and creating the tenders and projects to a high quality service that not only meets client requirements, but also meets or exceeds the financial values forecast as sold in the tender.
The Project Manager delegates tasks to his team members, sets targets and ensures that these targets are met.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Contribute and lead a positive HSEQ culture on all projects, monitoring and driving HSEQ performance throughout the project life-cycle
- Oversee and ensure the successful delivery of the tender/project in line with the Country/Territory business objectives in terms of profit and loss, safety, quality and client satisfaction
- Ensure all work on assigned tenders and projects is performed in accordance with the Instructions to Tender or contract requirements, the requirements of Subsea 7’s Management System, the requirements of applicable laws, rules and regulations and applicable codes and standards
- Liaise with the support functions, select, build, lead and develop a high performance project team by establishing clear roles and responsibilities, building positive relationships with stakeholders which highlight their impact on the success of the project
- Ensure all relevant lessons learned are captured and communicated to the project, and performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promote continuous improvement, safety, integrity and compliance consistently on every project
- Ensure all project interface aspects are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner in sufficient detail to ensure smooth progress of the work
- At Tender stage, lead negotiation with Client in line with Subsea 7’s strategic objectives
- Receive from and agree with the Company, all changes to the scope of work which may arise within levels of authority
- Ensure, in conjunction with the core project team, the necessary resources are secured from the various functions to enable successful project delivery
- Develop and maintain an understanding of new processes, project control philosophy and methodology, as well as an understanding of information flow in the new system in order to provide guidance and expectations to Project Control Managers
- Develop the local function through clearly understood roles, responsibilities and performance objectives, regular feedback and continual professional development
- Report on project health on a weekly basis updating daily the project tracker.
- Build and establish vendor relationships to drive success
- Be able to communicate to Regional Management
- Schedule personnel to fulfill project requirements offshore
- Track cost of loss with high degree of accuracy
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Project Management Function
- For level of authority see Expenditure and Authorization Specification’
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering, other technical or commercial discipline.
- Previous experience of working within a multi-cultural project environment
- Management experience of a team and/or other resources
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to report internally and work effectively with clients
- 5 years’ experience in subsea ROV tooling
- Offshore experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.