Our client Aker Solutions is a leading global energy services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field, HVDC, renewable energy and carbon capture developments.
We support Aker Solutions in finding talented individuals who can strengthen their team and meet their ambitious growth plans. We are currently seeking a cyber security engineer for their Winnersh office near Reading, UK, a dedicated team player who would like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve customers’ needs.
In this role you will be focused on the design and implementation of Network and Cybersecurity for offshore facilities / platforms from concept though to commissioning. We need an engineer who can develop cyber security management plans for Aker Solutions’ projects and suppliers, ensure they comply with all required cyber security measures and interface with other IT infrastructure (including that of project partners).
Required Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- Passion for technology and continuous personal development
- Commitment to continuous improvement of products, processes and tools
- Experienced in the design and development of Network and Cybersecurity systems according to industry standards (ISO / IEC) and good practices
- Experienced in fault finding techniques associated with communications system
- Prior experience implementing and testing of network system designs
- Prior experience using a well-defined security development lifecycle
- Firewall configuration and ACLs
- Experience with the design / configuration of VLANs and VPNs
- Knowledge of networking principles and architecture
- Strong knowledge of industrial ethernet protocols
- Experience in risk and vulnerability assessments
Desirable Qualifications and certificates
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree level education in Computer Science / Software Engineering. Candidates with an appropriate level of work experience will also be considered.
- Applied knowledge of using OPC DA, AE, HDA, and UA within a control system.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Full understanding of Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP/IP
- Experience using requirements management tools
- Experience applying cyber security measures to industrial control systems
More reasons to work with Aker Solutions:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Join a company committed to becoming a significant player in the energy transition
Interested? For more information about the position, please contact: Stephen Laurie, Recruitment Manager, NES Advantage Solutions, tel. +44 20 3908 4484
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.