Date: Sep 20, 2022
Houston, TX, US, 77024
Marathon Oil is seeking a Data Protection Administrator with experience supporting Backup and Recovery in a 24×7 environment. This position will be responsible for supporting IT infrastructure, focusing on backups of all systems across multiple domains and global locations.
The successful candidate will have 3+ years working with Avamar for system backups and restores in an enterprise environment. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Daily monitoring of Avamar backups and remediating any failed backups.
- Performing ad-hoc backups and restores.
- Configuring/managing VMware backups.
- Working with Avamar support, when necessary.
- Opening, working, and closing tickets in the incident management system.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in IT related field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience administering Backup and Recovery
- Understanding of IT controls and audit concerns
- Strong collaboration and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide 24×7 support including on-call rotation
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Should also be able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Experience with Dell IDPA appliances.
- Experience implementing DDBoost for database backups.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 31272 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
System Administrator, ERP, Database, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.