LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 57983
Why you should join us:
Suncor is on a journey to transform into a data-informed enterprise, where our people are empowered to make data-driven decisions.
We are building our Enterprise Data team and have several exciting opportunities! By joining us in the early stages of our journey, you can help shape what Enterprise Data looks like at Suncor. Help us achieve our goal of transforming data into a strategic enterprise asset that is shared, accessible, trusted, stewarded and secure. With your experience in industry leading data management practices, you will be a great fit for our team! Using your continuous improvement experience and understanding of how data can be a critical business asset, you will work with business partners across the company to identify where data transformation can drive new value for Suncor.
This is a dynamic role where you will support the Enterprise Data team in translating business needs into value driven data opportunities. You’ll provide input and feedback to support and coordinate the scoping of the opportunity within the Enterprise Data portfolio. This is a technical leadership role that requires a consulting mindset and requires experience in developing business ideas into value driven opportunities.
You will use your expertise to:
- Lead the opportunity intake and value development phase of the Enterprise Data factory delivery model
- Make and support data-driven decisions effectively and efficiently
- Be responsible for initial value identification phases supporting the prioritization activities
- Articulating opportunities to business stakeholders and conducting workshops to identify value outcomes
- Work with the business in keeping the backlog of data opportunities relevant and up to date for the product line and work collectively on prioritization using existing defined criteria
- Deliver high quality outputs and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment
- Apply knowledge of various project management techniques to initiatives and understands methodologies e.g. scrum
- Collaborate with business and functional stakeholders to develop comprehensive value propositions to meet critical business objectives
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years’ experience in data related field supporting business outcomes
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Practice(s) or equivalent work experience
- Experience translating business-to-technical requirements, and vice versa in support of data opportunity development
- An understanding of Cloud Computing, Microsoft Power BI, and how to build data products in support of a governed self- serve analytics model
- An understanding of project management and business analyst techniques and systems, as well as their application to data programs / projects
- Understanding of Data Management and Governance principles
- Sound leadership skills to conceive product goals and strategies, and identify opportunities for current products
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- DAMA certification, membership or experience with Data Management Frameworks
- Experience in business development
- Experience consulting in Data Management and/or Analytics
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- Suncor is aware that some job seekers have received false employment offers from an individual or organization posing as Suncor. All recruiting is conducted through our Careers site, your resume needs to be submitted to this site if you would like to be considered for a role. To learn more about false recruiting offers, click here.
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don’t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.suncor.com.