Control and Instrument Project Engineers design and develop instrument and distributed control systems used to monitor and control a facilities machinery and processes; and work to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. They review industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance on projects. Control and Instrument Project Engineers provides technical expertise for the controls and instrument engineering process. They collaborate with other engineering departments and coordinates their specialized contributions to the development of a project. Provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization. Control and Instrument Project Engineers perform a variety of duties that range from developing project designs using CAD software to conducting market research to use for guidance in creating more effective systems.
Responsibilities for Control and Instrument Project Engineer
- Leads the controls and instrument engineering design effort on projects
- Works with engineering teams to develop control strategies and control systems on projects
- Estimates cost, personnel and material needs for preparing proposals and establishes completion dates for projects.
- Oversees and reviews the instrument and control system specifications and designs
- Oversees and reviews design of drawings using Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) software.
- Oversees writing computer software and test procedures
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Reviews control system and network architecture drawings.
- Reviews low voltage electrical drawings and coordinates with other disciplines on higher voltages.
- Specifies instrumentation technology and metallurgy appropriate for the processes.
- Oversees automation programming and testing efforts
- Supports P&ID development for projects
- Designs and implements Policies and Procedures
- Supports the direction of workers on project construction sites to ensure projects are constructed according to specific designs
- Guides project installation and commissioning of instrument and control systems
- Ensures projects conform with federal, state, local and company engineering standards and specifications
- Analyzes test results of instrument and DCS installations
- Monitors progress and performance against the project plan and ensures project assignments are completed on time.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of project experience working in the Petrochemical industry required
- 4+ years of process controls & automation engineering experience
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and have the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Skills in specific control disciplines, such as: advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Developing systems necessary to produce a given product at scale
- Observing and refining design and production process based on feedback
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations using CAD and CAE software
- Instrumentation specification (flow, pressure, temp and level) knowledge
- Understanding of computer system storage and networking
- Broad technical knowledge of server technology, including
- Server virtualization, cloud technologies, and systems management
- Designing, Installing, configuring of server-based virtualization solutions.
- Understanding of Windows, Linux and other operating systems preferred
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- EIT certification preferred
- Experience with large manufacturing facility construction sites preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6)
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
– United States-Texas-Deer Park
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.