A Decarbonisation Engineer is responsible for GHG emissions mapping including modelling, monitoring, reporting and verification of scope 1 and scope 2 emissions from all operations at the mine. They must develop a practical roadmap for lower emission operations by the identification of alternative technology and process options, mapping them against an abatement cost curves to prioritize benefits. The engineer must then be able to project manage the procurement and installation of technical and engineering solutions, along with change management with support documentation.
About the company
The role presents an opportunity to work client side with Australian ASX Listed mining operator with multiple assets across all states, and an opportunity to grow with a market leader. This is an opportunity to assist with the clean energy transition from a traditional fossil fuel powered energy scheme into a carbon neutral mining operation.
- Advanced Diploma in Mining or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) or Electrical Engineering advanced Diploma or Degree
- Experience in the underground coal mining industry (desirable)
- Exposure to; Engineering design projects GHG emission monitoring and reporting guidelines
- negotiation skills, coupled with projects experience involving multiple stakeholders in energy/renewables/mining sector.
- Able to work autonomously while using critical decision making on commercial proposals, involvement in team checking over tenders.
- Contractor and tender negotiation and management
Please apply through the link on this advertisement
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.