Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: DEPUTY MANAGER – ELECTRICAL
- Review ITB (Invitation To Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, issue inquiry requisitions, review techno-commercial vendor offers, prepare equipment, material and man-hour estimates, Cost estimate, List of deliverable, Logistic BOQ, Construction BOQ, Software requirement and Vendor representative requirement for constriction / Commissioning supervision.
- Participate in Proposal Cost review meeting with management.
- Organize internal quality audits/peer reviews for monitoring quality and ensure timely close-out of actions.
- Provide advice and guidance to engineers and designers on important technical issues as well as managerial matters.
- Provide necessary support and guidance to Project Control, Construction and Commissioning.
- Participate in Contract Review process and provide required inputs to Lead Engineer.
- Perform responsibilities of Lead Engineer in event of large project.
- Develop Electrical engineering related Company Standards.
- Interact with leads on issues connected with Quality, Productivity, Progress, Man-hours, Technical integrity, schedules, extra hours, additional cost, variation order, milestone dates, work share with other offices etc.
- Interact with other discipline within Sharjah and other engineering centers and client as and when required in close consultation with lead. Review all key documents before issue and ensure that all systems are in place for preparation of engineering documents. Attend monthly engineering review meeting with Project Engineering Managers.
- Identify opportunity cost effective measures for value engineering and design optimization.
- Interact with peers from other offices across globe on regular basis to ensure consistency of work across all offices.
- Guide and support lead engineers to carry out risk/reward/technical integrity studies of Electrical systems.
- Review engineering problems and guide the team in selecting safe, efficient and economical solution. Also work as Subject Matter Expert (SME) if assigned by HOD.
- Interface and regularly meet with client & PEM on technical issues, conduct internal staff progress meetings.
- Participate in Design Reviews, SAFOP, constructability reviews on need basis.
- Ensure strict compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures.
- Managerial and Leadership
- Leadership: Delivers results through personal contribution and team, and uses personal power to motivate, guide and influence self and others.
- Customer/ Client Focus: Demonstrates willingness and ability to focus on the delivery of results and respond according to needs in order to provide the best quality service to our customers.
- Problem Solving & Innovation: Demonstrates willingness and ability to assess situations and issues to provide justified, reasoned and innovative solutions, and recognizes and develops problem solving and creativity in others.
- Communication: Communicates well with others, builds good relationships, and uses effective communication skills to understand and engage others.
- Managing and Developing People: Develops self and others to achieve individual and organizational potential and managing self and immediate team to deliver results.
- Action and Results Focus: Demonstrates sustained energy and focus for achievement, overcomes obstacles as they arise and manages the work focus of self and team.
- Teamwork: Works co-operatively, in departments, service lines, across cultures and organizational boundaries to achieve shared goals.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 15~20 years of detail design engineering related experience preferably from a background in working for consultancy organizations or EPC for petrochemical or for the Oil and Gas Industry. Out of this at least five years shall be of managerial position.
- Possess good knowledge of relevant IEC, BS, IEEE, API etc. codes and standards.
- Shall possess ability to grasp other international standards and Client specifications as demanded by work.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.