Deputy Manager – Offshore Structural
Continue your journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Deputy Manager – Structural
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
Scope of Responsibilities
Supervise and Lead a team of engineers and designers in carrying out detailed engineering work for large sized projects assuming entire responsibility for conceptual and detailed design and provide necessary technical information for procurement in compliance with tender specifications and within budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
· Review ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents and provide technical support to proposal engineering team. Identify software requirements for the project.
· Identify specialized studies/ subcontract packages requirements and prepare Scope of work.
· Ensure structural design related scope is well understood and captured for cost and schedule purposes.
· Perform responsibility of a Lead Engineer on projects. Review contract requirements for project execution, organise the preparation of Technical Document Register.
· Determine methods and solutions for complex engineering problems in tandem with the technical specialist and select the most efficient and economical manner in meeting the objectives.
· Coordinate with projects/planning on project time schedules.
· Develop manpower charts and schedules.
· Review and ensure Project structural design basis, specifications, calculation methods are aligned with Clients requirements.
· Ensure Integrity is maintained in the project and get the engineering deliverables reviewed/audited by technical or subject specialists available in the group.
· Supervise and provide guidance in the development of plot plans, engineering drawings and technical documents issued for IDC’s and the integration of other engineering discipline data inputs. Supervise the review of design calculations.
· Direct the preparation of technical inquiry requests (Inquiry Requisitions) to vendors, participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE).
· Administer the preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of Structural items.
· Direct and monitor Material Take off (MTO) activities.
· Participate and present in 3D Model review/Constructability/Installation workshops for assigned projects as required.
· Review and support Fabrication and Construction/Installation teams as required.
· Participate in employee performance evaluations, establish performance criteria, identify employee strengths and weaknesses, and recommend training and development requirements.
· Ensure strict compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 18 & above years (Minimum of 12 years offshore) related to Oil & gas industry experience preferable from a background in working for consultancy or Engineering organizations in the EPC of the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Master Degree is advantage.
· Experience in SESAM – Compulsory – worked in minimum 2 Projects in SESAM
· Experience in Stress Skin Design / Hull type Design of Topside is preferred
· EPC Experience in Offshore Jobs – Minimum 2 Projects with one project as Area Lead for Topside / Jacket
· Knowledge in EN/DNV/ISO/Norsok Codes – Compulsory
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.