Continue Your Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Deputy Manager – Process to be based in Mumbai.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
Scope of Responsibilities
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of responsibility. Plans and formulates engineering programs assuming entire responsibility for the completion of conceptual and detailed design activities within the scheduled timeframes, allocated manpower and budgeted costs.
- Lead Engineer with EPC experience in Sulphuric acid Plants & processes
- Prior Experience with Technology Provider (TP) for example Metso Outotec (Sulphuric acid) etc. preferred.
- Understanding of Process Interface with different Mechanical Handling Packages
- Technically responsible for all process engineering work and for allocating, supervising, and directing deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
- Supervises, reviews, and checks the process activities, including Process Design Basis, Philosophies, Studies, Heat & Material Balances, PFDs & UFDs, PEDs, Process Systems including P&IDs, Hydraulic Calculations for Slurry handling systems using Softwares (AFT Fathom), Flow Assurance, Relief Design, Process Datasheets & HAZOP Close Out. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Understanding of specific metallurgy requirement
- Provide clarification and guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers, provide startup assistance as required
- Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Test’s.
- Identify key technical issues in the design on Projects and risk associated with the design approach, performance of the plant, safety & integrity of the design.
- Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary process engineering input and support to close out of actions.
- Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsible for planning/scheduling the process engineering activities and manpower resource.
- Proactively identify and mitigate technical risks during proposal/project stage. Consult with HOD and arrange for peer reviews and/or third party verification/studies as required.
- Promote value engineering and provide cost effective solutions maintaining quality while meeting with project specifications and not compromising design integrity.
- Provides support to Procurement, including long lead items enquiry, prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation, and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection / specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Participates in HAZOP meeting with the client and representatives of the other engineering disciplines.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
Skills & Experience:
- Exposure to FEED/ Detailed Design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
- In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures. Activity Scheduling and discipline work priorities.
- Typically, Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering, with 15+ years of related experience working as a Lead for Engineering / Client organization in the Chemical Industry.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.