Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
- Overall design and drafting activities for projects developing designs, drawings and estimates in support of engineering deliverables, procurement activities and for final fabrication and construction requirements.
- Develop the initial bill of material, prepare technical layouts and drawings for proposal estimation.
- Evaluate number of required drawings and establish design and drafting requirements based on the Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings.
- Review the Design Basis and create I/O lists, assess total number of engineering deliverables, drafting and drawing requirements, format of delivery, time schedules and other requirements for execution of the work.
- Preparation of layouts in 2D CAD and work on 3D models (PDS / PDMS) with adequate dimensions necessary to assist the Engineering disciplines and Fabrication/Construction personnel. Involve in the preparation of Loop Diagrams, Functional Logic Diagrams, Wiring Termination Diagrams, Installation Hook–up Drawings, Typical Installation and fabrication drawings, Instrument location Plans, Control Panel / Auxiliary Console layout Drawings, Control/Equipment Room Lay–outs, Cable Tray/Trench Lay–outs, Cable route index, Cable Schedules and Cable Drum Schedules, JB location layouts and schedules, Interconnection Schedules, Fire/Smoke Detection Lay–out, Bill of material for bulks and Alarm / Trip schedules.
- Ensure consistency for all drawings and conduct thorough checks to ensure correctness of the technical content and the quality of the engineering drawings.
- Perform layout clash/interface checks, identify conflicts, take corrective action in coordination with other engineering discipline inputs. Participate in the 3D Model review sessions with the Client /project teams
- Issue engineering drawings and layouts for Inter–Discipline Checks (IDCs) coordinate with other engineering discipline in the integration of technical data inputs. Prepare final layouts and drawings integrating inputs provided by other engineering disciplines. Consult and make recommendations to Engineers on feasibility of design plans and layouts.
- Assist Engineers with estimates for the required quantities. Prepare material take off’s (MTO’s), review vendor drawings, ensure vendor specifications are in full compliance with contract requirements. Attend progress meetings when required.
- Provide clarification, guidance and technical support to construction personnel. Perform design changes and alterations based on Design Change Notices (DCN’s) when required. Prepare “As-Built” Drawings.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Associate Degree / Diploma in Instrument, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years of related experience preferable from a background in working for consultancy organizations in the FEED and EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Conversant with software like PDMS, PDS, SP3D, Microstation, Autocad, SPI etc.
- Good knowledge of international safety standards and practices
- Good communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.